• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Collector App - What's the verdict?
2 2

390 posts in this topic

I actually give the guy alot of credit for coming here and taking on boardies .. and on a FRIDAY... dayumn!

I dont use the app, but im sure it has some issues, just like any other product

Heck, were on the CGC boards and no one from CGC is coming here to take on questions about their imperfections

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I actually give the guy alot of credit for coming here and taking on boardies .. and on a FRIDAY... dayumn!

Heck, were on the CGC boards and no one from CGC is coming here to take on questions about their imperfections

source.giftenor.gif?itemid=3556977

1 hour ago, Key Collector Comics said:

as i said...up for debate.   it'd be more appropriate to post irrefutable proof that this is considered the first appearance of the black costume

Oh, just "irrefutable proof"? So you need to see it with your own eyes. Why didn't you say that? I have someone working on a project right now that can help with this...

doc-brown-e1531333034649.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

18 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Thank you.  Yes it has issues. Over 14k.  As far as imperfections, there are adjustments to the organizational aspects of the app.  I am not aware of any incorrect data in the app as it currently stands which is not to say there is or there isnt. I'm just not aware of any. When it is brought to my attention and I can research the claim that it is incorrect, the correction is made and displayed immediately 

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Oh, just "irrefutable proof"? So you need to see it with your own eyes. Why didn't you say that? I have someone working on a project right now that can help with this...

doc-brown-e1531333034649.jpg

well how about some information to back it up.  isn't that what this conversation is about? accurate information?  why are you so sure that ASM 252 is the first app of the black costume.

awesome time travel joke...

23 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

seaside9.gif.79fbf9a723df6c66b1d4d37e20f0792a.gif

"They're f:censored:ing normal alright! Newton Rings are NORMAL! Just shut up about it alright. SHUT. UP. ABOUT. F:censored:ING. NEWTON. RINGS!"

1 hour ago, Key Collector Comics said:

as i said...up for debate.   it'd be more appropriate to post irrefutable proof that this is considered the first appearance of the black costume

You looking at the wrong sources of "information" does not create a debate.

Try looking here. Even if you just look at the books themselves, you can see that ASM had a different release week than the other two.

23 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

well how about some information to back it up.  isn't that what this conversation is about? accurate information?  why are you so sure that ASM 252 is the first app of the black costume.

awesome time travel joke...

I've done my research over years. It's not something that can be completed from searching on the internet. History is not all contained through the webs. That's why you're not finding your "irrefutable" evidence. Because everything on the internet is not accurate, but it is assumed it is.
Where are you getting your information?...and thank you

Edited by ygogolak

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I've done my research over years. It's not something that can be completed from searching on the internet. History is not all contained through the webs. That's why you're not finding your "irrefutable" evidence. Because everything on the internet is not accurate, but it is assumed it is.

That's an easy way out.

I use many different resources for my information but most importantly, the actual comics

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Who said anything about looking on the internet? If I can't point to a source that tells me that it is the first appearance than I'm not going to include the information and call it accurate.  There are three books released in the same month where we're first introduced to the black costume in-story.  As far as your comment goes, you should copy and paste it to @Lazyboy most recent reply

3 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

That's an easy way out.

I use many different resources for my information but most importantly, the actual comics

Yes, as I said. If I show you a link to something on the web, you can show me a link that shows something different (or CGC case). Have you spoken to any dealers from that era? They will remember it well and there are some on here. Mike's is a great and trusted resource as well.

1 minute ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Who said anything about looking on the internet? If I can't point to a source that tells me that it is the first appearance than I'm not going to include the information and call it accurate.  There are three books released in the same month where we're first introduced to the black costume in-story.  As far as your comment goes, you should copy and paste it to @Lazyboy most recent reply

I actually agree with him on this (don't tell anyone). When he says "look at the books themselves" he means look at the typical release dates for each title. They were not released all on the same day.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, as I said. If I show you a link to something on the web, you can show me a link that shows something different (or CGC case). Have you spoken to any dealers from that era? They will remember it well and there are some on here. Mike's is a great and trusted resource as well.

Ive read through plenty of CGC posts of dealers having a conversation about this where some have remember 252 coming out first and others recall 141 arriving first and there are still others who have mentioned inconsistencies because of newsstand deliveries. The point is, its not clear - people's recollection of what was delivered to them 35 years ago is not enough for me to state as fact.  The fact is, they have a published date in May - #252 is a great cover and the most sought after so call it what you want.  Beyond that, whats the point of continuing a conversation that can't be resolved.  I appreciate your attention to this...but I would imagine you have better things to do with your life as do I.  

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

I actually agree with him on this (don't tell anyone). When he says "look at the books themselves" he means look at the typical release dates for each title. They were not released all on the same day.

No, I actually meant get a physical copy of each book and look at them in a certain way.

But I'm sure he wouldn't understand that even if I explained it in greater detail. He didn't even bother taking a close look at the link I gave him and instead dismissed it as a random internet source.

18 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

No, I actually meant get a physical copy of each book and look at them in a certain way.

But I'm sure he wouldn't understand that even if I explained it in greater detail. He didn't even bother taking a close look at the link I gave him and instead dismissed it as a random internet source.

Im familiar with Mike's amazing world of comics. i havent had a chance to look at your link yet but when I do, if the information is legitimately cited to support your claim, I will adjust accordingly. Thank you. Hopefully this settles your continued participation on this post because I would imagine anyone who's reading it is bored and irritated since its been the source of debate on many other threads.  Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day weekend

5 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Im familiar with Mike's amazing world of comics.

And yet, you still have blatant misinformation on your app that could have been avoided by a quick look at Mike's site. I guess that says it all.

8 minutes ago, Key Collector Comics said:

Hopefully this settles your continued participation on this post because I would imagine anyone who's reading it is bored and irritated since its been the source of debate on many other threads.

Blaming me for your errors? (thumbsu

My recommendation is to PM him about any issues you find with the app. I did with an issue I found and he immediately fixed it.  All I did was present him with the information I had and he cleared it up. 

Now ASM 252 is a little different being such a highly debated hot topic.  But I still think if you come to him with your facts in order and proper supporting evidence, then he will be rational.

@Key Collector Comics The app looks nice, not 100% sure I will use it very often or sub but I will at least give it some more time in the future when I can.  Thanks for the quick response to my inquiry earlier.

4 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

My recommendation is to PM him about any issues you find with the app. I did with an issue I found and he immediately fixed it.  All I did was present him with the information I had and he cleared it up. 

Now ASM 252 is a little different being such a highly debated hot topic.  But I still think if you come to him with your facts in order and proper supporting evidence, then he will be rational.

@Key Collector Comics The app looks nice, not 100% sure I will use it very often or sub but I will at least give it some more time in the future when I can.  Thanks for the quick response to my inquiry earlier.

Thank you.  Yes, anyone who would be kind enough to share any feedback please do not hesitate. If you have any thoughts on what we could implement that would make your experience collecting more enjoyable, please send along.

I downloaded the app and it’s pretty cool.

I am debating as of yet whether or not the information regarding the appearance of Spidey’s black costume is the ruination of our hobby.

I’m sure it almost certainly is though.

The bastige.