• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Collector App - What's the verdict?
2 2

390 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bookery said:

The first time anything approaching hard evidence appeared was in your post with publication data.  It would have been handy had this been posted 10-pages earlier.

Incorrect. I provided a link to Mike's Amazing World and everything is there to see if you bother to take more than a superficial glance at the site.

lookdeeper.thumb.jpg.4753a6e2f8bb74a5651bf47b1c862381.jpg

Instead of dismissing my posts because I'm such a nasty, disruptive :censored: (:eyeroll:), you could try reading them. Maybe you'd learn something.

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

Aww, shucks... I didn't know you were a fan!

For what it's worth, the OP asked for opinions on the app.  I provided mine.  I'm sorry you didnt like it, but likening the app users to Wizard users is pretty spot on, I think.  If you didnt like the way I presented it, that's far different than claiming i have nothing to offer.

You are leaping to a conclusion.  It was RMA who conflated the post you quote above with the one in which I provided several quotes to make my case about the "tone" of the conversation.  I used several quotes from 3 different people, not just 2.  And I also pointed out there were "4 or 5" (actually more) people I felt were being unfairly harsh.  I grabbed several quick quotes which were the first few I spotted skimming back through the thread.  I could have had as many more from several other different folks.  Assuming my comment about my opinion of "2" is necessarily reflected by the specific quotes I used is simply not correct.  

37 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Incorrect. I provided a link to Mike's Amazing World and everything is there to see if you bother to take more than a superficial glance at the site.

lookdeeper.thumb.jpg.4753a6e2f8bb74a5651bf47b1c862381.jpg

Instead of dismissing my posts because I'm such a nasty, disruptive :censored: (:eyeroll:), you could try reading them. Maybe you'd learn something.

Oh, look!  RMA likes this post!  Odd, since it exhibits a terrible lack of research on the part of the poster.  You see, my original post mentioning "nasty and disruptive" was made at 8:53am.  My follow-up post about tone was made at 9:51 am.  Your link was posted at 4:37pm.  I'm not sure how I dismissed a post you didn't make until over 6 hours later.  It seems to me, if a person makes this big of an error in a post, one wonders how many errors are in the rest of his posts?  One wonders if somebody this sloppy and misinformed shouldn't just "go away"?  It's a shame the hypocrisy and cliquish double-standards here have all but ruined this site.  But you folks have made it your sandbox, to be sure, so you can fling away in it as you will.

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

You are leaping to a conclusion.  It was RMA who conflated the post you quote above with the one in which I provided several quotes to make my case about the "tone" of the conversation.  I used several quotes from 3 different people, not just 2.  And I also pointed out there were "4 or 5" (actually more) people I felt were being unfairly harsh.  I grabbed several quick quotes which were the first few I spotted skimming back through the thread.  I could have had as many more from several other different folks.  Assuming my comment about my opinion of "2" is necessarily reflected by the specific quotes I used is simply not correct.  

You are continuing to confuse comments, posts, and arguments. Nobody but you said anything about "3" people, or "2" people. If you persist, I'll feel obligated to point out how, where, and what...and nobody wants that, trust me.

On 5/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, Key Collector Comics said:

Ahhh....snarky. Or publicly attempt to discredit my business.  Well I'm glad I passed your test. That would've been embarrassing...possibly damaging.

If you go back to the comment that I indicated was snarky, you'll see that it wasn't in response to you. It was in response to someone else. So nothing was directed at your business.

33 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Is he being paid?

Not sure, but he is bringing up the fact that he found errors.  If he wants compensation, then he can work with the creator.

if I find something, I will let him know.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:
37 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Is he being paid?

Not sure, but he is bringing up the fact that he found errors.  If he wants compensation, then he can work with the creator.

if I find something, I will let him know.

Since I am the "he" being referred to, I can tell you that the answer is, of course, no, and that wasn't the point of speedcake's question. Pointing out that there are errors does not obligate the observer to detail them, especially without compensation, especially when such observations are met with any degree of resistance or resentment.

I can also tell you, by the course of the discussion with the app creator in this thread, that my opinion is that he is not very willing to acknowledge editorial corrections. I don't speak for Lazyboy, but I share his opinion: if one is just going to be another in a long line of spreaders of misinformation, resisting correction and criticism, they should go away. Does that describe the app creator...? Time will tell.

By the way...this is all on topic.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, Bookery said:

Oh, look!  RMA likes this post!  Odd, since it exhibits a terrible lack of research on the part of the poster.  You see, my original post mentioning "nasty and disruptive" was made at 8:53am.  My follow-up post about tone was made at 9:51 am.  Your link was posted at 4:37pm.  I'm not sure how I dismissed a post you didn't make until over 6 hours later.  It seems to me, if a person makes this big of an error in a post, one wonders how many errors are in the rest of his posts?  One wonders if somebody this sloppy and misinformed shouldn't just "go away"?  It's a shame the hypocrisy and cliquish double-standards here have all but ruined this site.  But you folks have made it your sandbox, to be sure, so you can fling away in it as you will.

:screwy:

I was directly responding to your "The first time anything approaching hard evidence appeared was in your post with publication data." reply to RMA. I posted a link to a site with that information much earlier. I never even implied that your "nasty and disruptive" accusation was a direct response to my post containing the link.

This I do not understand.......      The high is $3?   uuuhhhhh there is a CVR A 9.8 on sale for $225!     is key collectors "HIGH" 9.0?   then $3 makes sense in this "modern 9.8 or nothing market)

HOWLING COMMANDOS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #1

Low $1
 | 
Mid $2
 | 
High $3

On 5/24/2019 at 8:27 PM, VintageComics said:

You're not in the minority.

There's nothing wrong with the app but demand for tools to speculate is driven by many things...and one is an emotional detachment from anything you are investing in.

And there is no end of apps, courses, programs, etc to 'teach' people how to speculate.

Thing is, once everyone is at the point where they are looking for that information you're already past the point where it's really worth investing in. You've missed the boat.

We all wanted the hobby to get bigger (I've been in it since the mid 1970's) and we all (well most of us) want our collections to rise in value but this is the cost of those things happening.

I try to teach my kids to value tangible things but it's becoming exceedingly difficult to do in a digital world that detaches us from everything tangible.

Says the guy whose entire extremely successful business model is predicated on there being a digital world. Roy I love you, but boy are you full of mess.(thumbsu:roflmao:

On 5/25/2019 at 12:43 AM, Lazyboy said:

Every piece of misinformation hurts, especially when it comes from someone pretending to be some kind of authority.

And do you really think that's the only error on there? I kind of want to get the app now just so I can see how many pieces there are after I tear it to shreds.

So you're destroying the guy and you don't have the app? Maybe you've gotten it in the last three months? If not, there's a great deal of image.pngin everthing you're posting.

I love this app. There's not much out there for $20 per year that gives me this kind of information to make me a more informed seller AND buyer.

There's been quite literally 10 pages of obsession over one item - the ASM 252 situation - that can easily be argued both ways and that doesn't affect the usefulness or effectiveness of the app.

17 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I love this app. There's not much out there for $20 per year that gives me this kind of information to make me a more informed seller AND buyer.

There's been quite literally 10 pages of obsession over one item - the ASM 252 situation - that can easily be argued both ways and that doesn't affect the usefulness or effectiveness of the app.

I will be cautious here, as this thread got me in trouble before.  But I will just note that the app has since been updated with the new data -- just as he said he would when provided with new documented information.