• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Collector App - What's the verdict?
2 2

390 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

Edit: oh, the top one ?? Hmm, all 5/84 on cgc labels. I'm sure this has been widely discussed on the forums ..

252 All day !

BTW I am up to May... 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 5/24/2019 at 8:10 AM, comicdonna said:

Tough crowd.  I remember when this first came out.  One of the biggest reasons why people are complaining is, they have done the leg work to figure out the keys over decades of collecting.  Now, they are angry because the info is available with an app.  Get with the times, people. 

Like anything, it takes time to get the kinks out.  Give the guy a chance.   This is no different than GPA or other internet tools.  

Good point... 

Side note: I'm still in 'May'

On 5/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

1. There is no debate, and those who do debate are wasting their time. ASM #252 was on sale about two weeks before both PPSSM #90 and MTU #141. While the copyright records aren't always *strictly* accurate, absent recorded data from Marvel or other contemporaneous sources (which does exist!), it's the best public information available, and demonstrates this time difference:

Issues Registered: v. 1, no. 252, May84. Created 1984; Pub. 1984-01-10; Reg. 1984-03-20; TX0001319971

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=5&ti=1,5&Search_Arg=amazing spider man&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=vxrIafEOOCQBj21Aayc1aBWC5ccn&SEQ=20190525112014&SID=3

Issues Registered: v. 1, no. 141, May84. Created 1984; Pub. 1984-01-24; Reg. 1984-03-20; TX0001328284

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&Search_Arg=marvel team up&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=CigPEl_QvyVTx7jc9__Rv5GJAIkp&SEQ=20190525114109&SID=4

Issues Registered: v. 1, no. 90, May84. Created 1984; Pub. 1984-01-24; Reg. 1984-03-20; TX0001325179

https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=6&ti=1,6&Search_Arg=peter parker&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=8yDJ-HcJVkvltTwP8Jp2DZ9foCv&SEQ=20190525114300&SID=7

The three Spiderman titles did not all come out the same week, even in 1984. Note the publication dates for ASM #252, then for MTU #141 & PPSSM #90.

As well, using abductive reasoning, we understand that Marvel wanted the biggest impact for the new costume...which had an even bigger impact than they anticipated...and wouldn't have diluted that impact by publishing, simultaneously, three books with the new costume. #252 was the first one out of the gate.

2. CGC does not "disagree" with his statement; CGC only goes by cover date, which is confined to the month. All three books share the same publication month, but they do not share the same publication date. And, as has been pointed out numerous times before, CGC label information is neither always accurate nor always present, and ought not be considered determinative in questions of factual accuracy. CGC makes a good effort to be accurate, but they do not have a dedicated fact-checker on staff, and label data can be (and often is) inaccurate or incomplete.

3. Being dismissive of criticism...especially involving legitimate factual errors in your app...will tend to magnify that criticism. Inability to listen and adjust has resulted in very bad experiences for many business ventures throughout history.

No seriously... I wish a lot of people would do research like this... 

Good stuff right here. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

No seriously... I wish a lot of people would do research like this... 

Good stuff right here. 

I highly reccommend people read Comic Book Marketplace.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Any one else with a beef?
Let`s settle it now.

You tell me why you are angry at me than I will try to explain.

I am waiting. 

What the hell is going on with you? Stop and take a breath.  Why are you acting like this? 

Edited by Buzzetta