• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Collector App - What's the verdict?
2 2

390 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't know if that user was asking the question in context of collaboration with the app (despite posting in this topic). I was just answering from a general POV. Even with the app, if you're just looking for steals, you're unlikely to have gained momentum from a time/cost perspective. "No amount of money ever bought a second of time."

It would be nice if, y'know, people joined the hobby out of passion for the hobby. The less money-hungry vultures - the better it is for the hobby. Concur? That's not a dig on dealers, either. There will always be those who are in it from a business perspective, but there are too many people who think they can sneak right past ya for a profit and it simply hurts the circulation of product among the people that actually want the product. Good, reputable, dealers are good for the hobby in moderation.

I agree that it wouldn't make sense unless you are doing it primarily for enjoyment.  I'm not digging through dollar boxes to make money.  I'm digging thru dollar boxes because it is fun and I find a lot of comics I am interested in owning in them.  But as long as I am doing it anyway, I'm certainly going to grab books that I know are worth flipping.  Whether I ever get around to actually flipping them is another question entirely. :)

Edited by Hamlet

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's past lunch time, bro.

oh, well that explains the confusion. What's this Key Collecting app say about Quicksilver?

First appearence: X men #4

Married Sexy-as-all-get-out Crystal: FF #150

Origin: Avengers #185 & #186.

Hell, I'm a walking Key Collecting App!

22 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

an*

I graduated from college and don't care about all that their,there, they`re, effects or affects stuff on a message board. I had enough of that grammar stuff in college. I had to write long boring essays in MSword about stuff I could care less about and in cost me $70,000 in tuition.

The keys to graduate college now are show up 90 percent of time, engage with your professors and oh yeah pay your tuition. That will get you farther than knowing the difference between a or an or there, their and they're.

lol.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I graduated from college and don't care about all that their,there, they`re, effects or affects stuff on a message board. I had enough of that grammar stuff in college. I had to write long boring essays in MSword about stuff I could care less about and in cost me $70,000 in tuition.

The keys to graduate college now are show up 90 percent of time, engage with your professors and oh yeah pay your tuition. That will get you farther than knowing the difference between a or an or there, their and they're.

lol.

Could you? Or could you not?

Asking for a friend.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Could you? Or could you not?

Asking for a friend.

Don't know. I was a Business guy.

I think I did two english literature classes and that was it in college for my english experience.

We would sit around in a circle and read books. That`s about my english experience in college.

A lot of beautiful women in that class. We read a lot of poetry.

Did take up two journalism classes. One I got a A in because I promised the professor I would sign up for his next class because if he didn't get a certain number of students his class would be cancelled.

To be fair I had a B+ in his class and that A bumped my gpa to 3.5.

I graduated college in 2015. I found it much more fun and easier than high school.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the bill.

Would I do it again?

Nope, because I could have got a small rental condo for $70k.

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Don't know. I was a Business guy.

I think I did two english literature classes and that was it in college for my english experience.

We would sit around in a circle and read books. That`s about my english experience in college.

A lot of beautiful women in that class. We read a lot of poetry.

Did take up two journalism classes. One I got a A in because I promised the professor I would sign up for his next class because if he didn't get a certain number of students his class would be cancelled.

To be fair I had a B+ in his class and that A bumped my gpa to 3.5.

I graduated college in 2015. I found it much more fun and easier than high school.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the bill.

Would I do it again?

Nope, because I could have got a small rental condo for $70k.

wut

I was Loki correcting you. The phrase is:

"I couldn't care less."

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

wut

I was Loki correcting you. The phrase is:

"I couldn't care less."

I thank you for the tip, but most likely won't remember it.

I still get their and thier wrong. Just don't have time for that high school grammar stuff anymore. Not really important to me in the long run.

:foryou:

37 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I thank you for the tip, but most likely won't remember it.

I still get their and thier wrong. Just don't have time for that high school grammar stuff anymore. Not really important to me in the long run.

:foryou:

You come off as an affable and likable guy. Not everyone on this board comes off that way. 

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

???

In my business I don't have to worry about their or thier. I am a college grad, but it means junk in most of the real world jobs. In the real world it`s people who are smart, show up on time and work hard that are more valuable than if someone can quote Shakespeare or know the difference from their, they`re, thier, or effect or affect.

:wink:

a lot of this stuff we were taught in highschool/college was bs.

noticed I had no capital a for the previous sentence?  i do not care.

lol

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
52 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

You come off as an affable and likable guy. Not everyone on this board comes off that way. 

(tsk)

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

In my business I don't have to worry about their or thier. I am a college grad, but it means junk in most of the real world jobs. In the real world it`s people who are smart, show up on time and work hard that are more valuable than if someone can quote Shakespeare or know the difference from their, they`re, thier, or effect or affect.

:wink:

a lot of this stuff we were taught in highschool/college was bs.

noticed I had no capital a for the previous sentence?  i do not care.

lol

Bro, "thier" is not a word. And yes, you can be very successful without even a high school degree. I would not recommend that to anyone though.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Bro, "thier" is not a word. And yes, you can be very successful without even a high school degree. I would not recommend that to anyone though.

I thought that was his point :makepoint: , he has a degree, but he forgets the order of "e" and "i" in the word "their"....

I'll admit the word "received" threw me for a loop, since finding the boards and CGC, I've never used that word so much in my life lol