• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

online auctions PSA; remember the commission percentage
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Nothing I hate more than watching an online auction where all reason and market knowledge has gone out the window... or the person bidding has forgotten the buyer's premium that will be added.

I've just watched some ...body.... bid 1200$ for a Spidey 129 in 7.5 with Cream/OW pages. And the buyer's premium is a whopping 25% on top of that = $1500.

Many of the lots are going for full GPA, before the commission. The rest w/commission are hitting full or just under GPA. Good job by the seller.

2 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

Nothing I hate more than watching an online auction where all reason and market knowledge has gone out the window... or the person bidding has forgotten the buyer's premium that will be added.

I've just watched some ...body.... bid 1200$ for a Spidey 129 in 7.5 with Cream/OW pages. And the buyer's premium is a whopping 25% on top of that = $1500.

Many of the lots are going for full GPA, before the commission. The rest w/commission are hitting full or just under GPA. Good job by the seller.

Does this auction house have a name? If so please share it. 

11 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

Perhaps in person. But ONLINE, as stated on the page for this auction:

Buyer's Premium 

• 25%

wow, that's a big disadvantage to bidding online vs in person...

I assume they don't mix in person and online bidding in their auctions...

On 2/3/2019 at 8:29 AM, Poka said:

Yeah the Spidey 129 went for a ridiculous price but I grabbed the X-Men #1 for a decent price :banana: 

I didn't see one book that slipped through the cracks including that one. $3500 for a 2.5 is OK. I ended up buying 2 slabs and 1 raw book because they were books I was looking for but anyone looking for deals I can guarantee was highly disappointed.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Sackolantern said:

The Heritage Auctions also charge a hefty 20% Buyer's Premium.  Add to that a Seller's  Fee and they seem to make out alright.

BP.JPG.68a8220247fffae2a422a697cf5e40d1.JPG