• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do sellers from Eugene, Oregon have such a difficult time keeping their CGC graded books in the slabs?

84 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

@mattn792 i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

IMG_9625.JPG.fc4d64f008baea042291728d639abadd.JPG

Just wanted to chime in and say, thanks for trying to be the bigger man :foryou: i mean that (thumbsu

That came back from CGC in the old label, just fyi, so you might still get a ribbing... but I'm glad that this hasn't turned you off from collecting ^^

Nor turn you off of CGC  :shy:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just wanted to chime in and say, thanks for trying to be the bigger man :foryou: i mean that (thumbsu

That came back from CGC in the old label, just fyi, so you might still get a ribbing... but I'm glad that this hasn't turned you off from collecting ^^

Nor turn you off of CGC  :shy:

Wait so he just got that back from CGC but its in the old holder?  :roflmao: Aw man this just keeps getting better. What do you have to look for to see if its old vs new holder?

1 minute ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Wait so he just got that back from CGC but its in the old holder?  :roflmao: Aw man this just keeps getting better. What do you have to look for to see if its old vs new holder?

What you do is look at the label and see if its a old or a new label is what you do.

2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Look at the one at the top of this page, you can see the difference between the cage book and the ASM...

Darker blue, bigger grade number, and page quality in a different place...

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

<------- runs upstairs to get a new CGC case for comparison.

LOL you can tell by the page quality on the ASM being in the middle of the label.... the new gen has it under the grade number, like the cage book at the top of this page...

20 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

@mattn792 i ALERADY FOUND MY GEM MINT ASM 361 no need to troll alright? I have a better collection than you will ever dream off actually maybe not but I am happy with my current collection. I have been busy hustlin so unable to post on here my current hauls so far AND submitting my comics to CGC, just got my ASM 361 from CGC back and very pleased with the results!

2932435_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=Ny82LzIwM   :hi:

But props on getting CGC to slab your "brand new" ASM 361 in the holder that they phased out in 2016. 

21 hours ago, mattn792 said:

2932435_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=Ny82LzIwM   :hi:

But props on getting CGC to slab your "brand new" ASM 361 in the holder that they phased out in 2016. 

You cant pull one over on boardies.  You just cant.

Paging @BITCOINSWAMI

Edited by kav

I remember when I first joined I was embarassed about a bad comic deal I made so lied about my age-yeah that one was rooted out pretty swiftly.  

29 minutes ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

Just got my cage #1 which I got from a grab bag and for kicks got it slabbed too. My orginial one that was beat up I am keeping as a reader and slabbed the grab bag one!

Can I borrow your time machine?

At least you aren't the fool who paid to have a 9.4 Cage 1 slabbed. (shrug)

5 hours ago, BITCOINSWAMI said:

image.png.e1280d70abe2158e960a9a0e79489d55.png

Took a long time to get that back from CGC.  Almost 2 years.  Must be a record for longest turn around times.

This thread paints with too broad a brush based on a clear ignorance of Eugene, Oregon.  I grew up in Eugene.  Although I moved to SF in 1989, I continue to buy comics from Eugene sellers and having been doing so regularly since the mid-70s.  Misconduct by sellers is a real issue in this hobby, but the most egregious examples I can think of involve other localities and I think we would all recognize it is foolish to disparage an entire collecting community in a locality.  Making defamatory statements of all the collectors/sellers in Eugene, which include people with thousands of eBay transactions and 100 percent ratings is foolish.

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

This thread paints with too broad a brush based on a clear ignorance of Eugene, Oregon.  I grew up in Eugene.  Although I moved to SF in 1989, I continue to buy comics from Eugene sellers and having been doing so regularly since the mid-70s.  Misconduct by sellers is a real issue in this hobby, but the most egregious examples I can think of involve other localities and I think we would all recognize it is foolish to disparage an entire collecting community in a locality.  Making defamatory statements of all the collectors/sellers in Eugene, which include people with thousands of eBay transactions and 100 percent ratings is foolish.

The brush isn't broad at all. I believe that specifically cited were Eugene Oregon located ebay sellers who list raw books with floating CGC labels that, in reality, could never be associated with the book pictured and alluded to, or Euegene, Oregon sellers who although having numerous CGC and PGX slabbed books, have listings where the CGC graded ones are cracked, pried apart, et.al = compromised. 

I don't see any other Eugene Oregon sellers being singled out other than the type with the MO specifically mentioned' All PGX books uncompromised, while most CGC books compromised. If you think all of the seller's books are above board, including the SS 4 he states was cracked from a CGC 8.5 slab, then by all means, buy it and everything else he offers. It's your money.

Edited by James J Johnson