• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the original owner of your ASM 45 fill in the speech bubbles?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Just read my copy of ASM 45 last night and discovered the final page had blank speech bubbles that they left blank so the kid who bought it could write in their own text.

Whoever owned my copy made Spider-Man say "I'll send you my bill later suckers" which I find pretty good for someone who I assume was a kid in the 60s. 

For all of you who have a copy, are the bubbles still blank? If not what was written in them?

0202192312.jpg

0202192312a~2.jpg

4 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Just read my copy of ASM 45 last night and discovered the final page had blank speech bubbles that they left blank so the kid who bought it could write in their own text.

Whoever owned my copy made Spider-Man say "I'll send you my bill later suckers" which I find pretty good for someone who I assume was a kid in the 60s. 

For all of you who have a copy, are the bubbles still blank? If not what was written in them?

0202192312.jpg

0202192312a~2.jpg

:popcorn: man I hope this thread takes off...could be a fun one...

12 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Are you sure it's not a Marvel file copy? :bigsmile:

48 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Unfortunately I cannot get to my books right now but I must say...

I have numerous reading copies and Love them and that is one "Well Loved Copy" of ASM 45, makes me feel all Warm and Fuzzy Inside.  :cloud9:

(That statement is 100% Sincere, no sarcasm intended.)

Haha I know what you mean. I've def got love for well loved books too

Edited by serling1978

42 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

That must be it. Those are surely the words of Stan himself 😆

It's a little known fact that 'I'll send you my bill later, suckers' preceeded 'Excelsior' as Stans trade mark sign off :D

1 hour ago, Turnando said:

IMO, that homemade dialog is so funny that it adds value to that particular copy.  Treasure it!

Haha agreed. Adds a little something to my beat up copy.

It's too bad nobody else has found any amateur dialogue in theirs yet. Still holding out hope someone will, there have got to be more out there

16 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Haha agreed. Adds a little something to my beat up copy.

It's too bad nobody else has found any amateur dialogue in theirs yet. Still holding out hope someone will, there have got to be more out there

*fingers crossed*

I'm on the verge of buying a few copies just to see what I can get!