• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did the original owner of your ASM 45 fill in the speech bubbles?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, gadzukes said:

What a cool find!  I don't think I own a copy right now.

I wonder if the CGC graders know to look at that page for writing?

Good question. I just did some amateur searching of active and sold graded copies on eBay and I couldn't find a single one where interior writing was noted on the label.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, serling1978 said:
On 2/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, gadzukes said:

What a cool find!  I don't think I own a copy right now.

I wonder if the CGC graders know to look at that page for writing?

Good question. I just did some amateur searching of active and sold graded copies on eBay and I couldn't find a single one where interior writing was noted on the label.

I wonder how writing on all or just one of the bubbles would influence the grading? Seems like an invitation for the uninhibited young spidey fans out there to fill in some colorful expletives of their choice? How would that effect the grade??? Food for thought hm

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Bah, nothing in mine.....:sorry:One of my favorite storylines of the SA Spideys, BTW.

1727160970_asm45blank.thumb.jpg.3b0320c95f21c148de07a9b9082adc50.jpg

@Get Marwood & I is going to post his 38 different variations, sorted alphabetically by the first letter of Spidey's response and then sub-categorized by ink color with individual grades for penmanship :wishluck:

39 :sumo:

Chris Hemsworth said that his funny line in the movie Ragnarok, "He's a friend from work" came from a boy who was visiting the set that day.  They tried improving a bunch of lines there, and then the boy who was visiting said, "You should try, 'I know him, he's a friend from work'."  They all laughed and Chris tried it, and they kept it in the movie.

It's kind of the equivalent to what's going on in this comic panel.... a fan giving the superhero the line to say.