• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Miss America Magazine 2 (First Patsy Walker!!!!!) - Final Price Drop!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Ok, first the Rules.

No bad people, HOS or Probationers. 

First unconditional :takeit:in the thread wins, trumps all PM agreements. 

Shipping is included in US, and will be cost for overseas and Canada, eh.

Payment is PayPal, Personal Check (has to clear before book will be sent out) and Money Order (also has to clear before book sent out).

No returns - sorry, its a hot mess (ok, it isn't that bad), but I will describe it as best I can and take a look at all the pictures and ask any questions before you say Take! cuz once you do its yours.

Reasonable offers and reasons for offers always listened to!

Will leave this up until Thursday - or its sold.

Edited by Qua-Brot
Payment and other info added, closing

Here she is . . . . Miss America (magazine, Vol. 1, #2). 2nd appearance Miss America (vs. the Shocker!!!!), one page origin of Miss America, and First appearance of Patsy Walker.

Cover is attached at top, and back of bottom, but front of bottom staple is loose. Staples dark, don't look too rusty on exterior but has some discoloration on interior pages. Spine is ok, with vertical crease, tearing by staples, and 1" split at top, 1/2" split at bottom. Cover shows wear, scuffing, and possibly moisture damage. Back cover has some paper stuck to it. No pieces missing or rips beyond the spine splits.

Book is complete - one doll cut out (shown in picture below) I think of the Miss America paper doll - affects the text behind it, but not comic story - and everything is attached inside. Center wrap is tight in book. Patsy Walker paper doll and dresses are there. Some staining from rusty staples.

Pages have nice bright colors, are supple and a nice cream or better (some pages seem an off-white to me). 

Ask me about anything else you want to know.

Now to the important part - price. I have no idea what its worth - become a hot book, but it isn't exactly common. 16 on the census (one Qualified), range from 1.8 to 2 (!) 9.4s. Heritage sold an incomplete copy (missing back cover and part of a Miss America page affecting story) for $430 almost 2 years ago. Saw one offered here CGC 4.0 for like $2,600 or so. So I'm going to be crazy and ask $1,000. $900 $800 $750

20190204_193921.jpg

20190204_193931.jpg

20190204_193949.jpg

20190204_194019.jpg

20190204_194036.jpg

20190204_194052.jpg

20190204_194112.jpg

20190204_194138.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot
Price drop

I would like to add that it pays to peruse these here boards - especially the ones that have odd and esoteric books listed. I would never have known about this book unless I had been going through listings and saw someone list it for sale. A week or two later I saw a lot of magazines for auction, and this book was one of the "magazines" listed! I jumped on it, of course, but I wouldn't have given it a second look if it weren't for the boards and the crazy knowledgeable board members and sellers who offer these things up. So thanks to everyone here!!!