• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 1, a risky buy?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I think Martian Manhunter, Supergirl and Batgirl are pretty major characters.  Also, the Justice League appears as do the Teen Titans (I know both teams - but still).  Finally, although Green Lantern and Flash are "re-introduced" in the Silver Age (so not totally original concepts) - Hal Jordan and Barry Allen are pretty pivotal characters in the DC universe (much more so than the original Golden Age Characters) and both books are fairly substantial keys (i think both are top 10 silver age keys along with BB28).

I think the point is that Supergirl and Batgirl -- really 'B' characters -- are spinoffs of Supes and Bats.  MM is original, but technically Golden Age.  JLA is really the JSA refreshed.  TT is original -- but most of the heroes are either GA (Robin; Speedy) or spinoff heroes (Wonder Girl; Kid Flash); but see Garth.  I love all of their first appearances though!  Also the covers of these first appearance books are absolutely epic: SC 4; GL 22; Action 252; Tec 359; JLA 1 and so forth.  I really value my copies of these key DC SA books.

Edited by zosocane

IMHO X-Men 1 has nowhere to go but up. The trajectory of the book, ownership by Disney... they’re in the movie business, I believe... and awesome heroes... plus one of the best villains ever. 

And I’d say that even if I didn’t own three copies. :)

Edited by oldrover

On 2/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, drbanner said:

The problem with the DC Silver Age keys isn't that there are more of them (they're way scarcer than the Marvel keys as already mentioned), it's that they are almost all recycled Golden Age heroes/teams. I can't even think of a single 1st appearance of a major DC character that occurred in the Silver Age?

You don't consider, Deadman, Zatanna, the Creeper or Hawk & Dove as major heroes? :devil:

On 2/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, kimik said:

You don't consider, Deadman, Zatanna, the Creeper or Hawk & Dove as major heroes? :devil:

i know you're kidding, but deadman was always one of my favorite characters. after batman, easily my second fave dc character, and up there with most marvels. its such a neat concept, and i loved the costume and neal adams art. i dont really think it would ever really translate to film though, sadly, although i'm sure eventually someone will make it into a film or a series.