• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I resubmit a slab book that has not been pressed to have it pressed to fix spine roll?

6 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Batman 181 I sent it in to have it graded not really knowing a whole lot about pressing I received it back there are some minor defects it was graded at a 4.0 the only press-able defect is minor spine role should I resubmit it and have it pressed? do you think it would be worth it? 

B260D23D-F7BC-4A04-9581-7194B3874881.png

173345B9-8A33-4B25-BB68-3B5FB7EB6F31.png

DE95E2F9-A2AB-4BBF-9239-AAD84B424F49.jpeg

A0098DE7-25D7-409B-B57B-59AF2161BA8C.jpeg

Edited by Kyle Cottle
I forgot I had these pics on my phone .

3 hours ago, Kyle Cottle said:

I have a copy of Batman 181 I sent it in to have it graded not really knowing a whole lot about pressing I received it back there are some minor defects it was graded at a 4.0 the only press-able defect is minor spine role should I resubmit it and have it pressed? do you think it would be worth it? 

To get a good answer you need to show us the book and the grader's notes. Otherwise we are in the dark here.

The best place to post questions about grades and condition is probably the Grading and Restoration Issues Forum:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/27-comic-book-grading-and-restoration-issues/

That said, I don’t think a press will do much. Think of a shirt that’s wrinkled, torn and stained. Ironing will make it nice and flat but it will still have rips and spots. A press is not going to get rid of all those huge color breaking creases by the spine. It’s not going to replace color that is missing. It won’t get rid of the chip on the FC or BC, there’s paper missing. Its not going to get rid of soft rounded corners and edges. A press and clean might make it a bit more presentable, especially the BC, but I don’t you’d get more than a 4.5 out of it. 

It’s an important book, but I don’t believe there’s a huge spread between a 4.0 and 4.5.