• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Avengers 4

25 posts in this topic

Really nice looking copy.  Flat, glossy.  Has 1 major flaw, a 1-1/2" spine split at the bottom.  Inside pages are tight and gorgeous.  It's also not pressed but has a few spine dimples that could be pressed out.

The red mark at bottom of back cover is overspray from the distributor.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

5 hours ago, MadJimJaspers said:

4.0-5.0. I dont know what they will do with the split. PLEASE dont press this book. It looks great with the white cover.

I agree about the press. Smashing the spine on a book with a significant spine split usually looks horrible. The current plumpness of the spine masks the spine split. Spine splits have a tendency to get worse from handling and pressing. In all probability, pressing to remove a couple 'dimples' probably won't matter in the grade anyway. 

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I agree about the press. Smashing the spine on a book with a significant spine split usually looks horrible. The current plumpness of the spine masks the spine split. Spine splits have a tendency to get worse from handling and pressing. In all probability, pressing to remove a couple 'dimples' probably won't matter in the grade anyway. 

Thanks Bob, that makes sense.

14 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

All of you undergraded on this one..... it's coming back as a 5.5 woohoo!

I did decide to press so that might have helped a little.

That's great, congrats!

I would have said 4.5ish with the group, but the covers look super vibrant and fresh. That certainly deserves a bump.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

All of you undergraded on this one..... it's coming back as a 5.5 woohoo!

I did decide to press so that might have helped a little.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

That's great, congrats!

I would have said 4.5ish with the group, but the covers look super vibrant and fresh. That certainly deserves a bump.

Congrats Gadzukes, like point Five I would have been at the 4.5 but in the words of CGC's own grading scale.... but that does apply up to a 7.0!

5.5  A slightly above-average collectible with a major defect and some smaller defects, or a significant accumulation of small defects. (thumbsu

Edited by Gnasher

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Congrats Gadzukes, like point Five I would have been at the 4.5 but in the words of CGC's own grading scale.... but that does apply up to a 7.0!

5.5  A slightly above-average collectible with a major defect and some smaller defects, or a significant accumulation of small defects. (thumbsu

Well.... that certainly fits the description