• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-man #25 Remastered
1 1

1 post in this topic

First time posting, long time collector. I have an issue with my CGC 9.8 Amazing Spider-man #25 Remastered variant and its quite a disappointment. I bought two of the books at 9.8 within the last month, one came in right away, one took a little longer since it was from Canada. The one from Canada arrived with both staples slipped, ie, the book slide to the right and pulled the staples from the cover. I consulted the shipper and we decided that I would return it. That was two days ago. Tonight I decided to pull out my first copy -- that was fine two weeks ago, and noticed that the top staple had slipped too. I've read the stuff about shaken comic syndrome on these forums, and I honestly don't buy it. I've get tons of slabbed books delivered in all kinds of boxes and packaging styles. I have had slabs arrive cracked - never saw a cover slide like, now, TWO of the same comic book arriving at my house. What I did hear from my buddies on Instagram is that this happens with thicker books, and Amazing Spider-man 300 - which I have several of at 9.0 up to 9.8 - were notorious for this issue. None of mine have that problem right now, and hopefully they won't spontaneously develop it by sitting in storage boxes.

Since I can't find any useful information out there about how CGC is going to respond to my frantic request for help -- I thought I would appeal to the community to appease my nerves. Not only did I pay a lot for this book, but I have one in to CGC for grading, and I replaced the one I had to send back with another one -- at a hefty premium that is on its way to me. I included pictures of the book I sent back for refund, but my book has the same issue but with only the top staple.

IMG_7667.jpeg

IMG_7668.jpeg