• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One Above All
1 1

10 posts in this topic

The Living Tribunal is a fictional cosmic entity appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Strange Tales #157 (June 1967) and was created by Stan Lee, Marie Severin, and Herb Trimpe.

I got this from a google search for "  first appearance of The One Above All"      Does it help?  It's certainly the oldest of the comics you suggested.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:57 PM, Spaceguy said:

The Living Tribunal is a fictional cosmic entity appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Strange Tales #157 (June 1967) and was created by Stan Lee, Marie Severin, and Herb Trimpe.

I got this from a google search for "  first appearance of The One Above All"      Does it help?  It's certainly the oldest of the comics you suggested.

The Living Tribunal and the One Above All are different. Strange Tales #157 is the first appearance of the Living Tribunal. 

The Marvel Chronology Project says The One Above All (the leader of the Celestials) was "behind the scenes" in Eternals #7 & 13.  His first actual appearance may be in Thor #287 by Roy Thomas and Keith Pollard.  Confusingly, there's a similarly named character One-Above-All, who is the Living Tribunal's master.  The Tribunal is said to have referred to him at some point in one of his appearances in Strange Tales.  The first actual appearance of One-Above-All may be in Doctor Strange #13 by Steve Englehart and Gene Colan.

1 hour ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

The Marvel Chronology Project says The One Above All (the leader of the Celestials) was "behind the scenes" in Eternals #7 & 13.  His first actual appearance may be in Thor #287 by Roy Thomas and Keith Pollard.  Confusingly, there's a similarly named character One-Above-All, who is the Living Tribunal's master.  The Tribunal is said to have referred to him at some point in one of his appearances in Strange Tales.  The first actual appearance of One-Above-All may be in Doctor Strange #13 by Steve Englehart and Gene Colan.

I think he is referring to the second One Above All. One is the Supreme God of Marvel, and one is a Celestial. 

Thanks everyone. To posters commenting before, I am talking about the 'creator', not the Celestial with the same name. And yes, most people say that FF 511 is his first appearance. Why doesn't CGC state that on their labels? Will this change anytime soon or am I only holding my breath?