• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000, The Quest for SIgs!
1 1

7 posts in this topic

The Quest for New Hope!!!
OOPS, err umm....
The Quest for New Sigs!!!
(thats better) haha

im on a quest that seems daunting, but im sure it can be done..... im very new to the CGC Forums, and through them ive learned about facilitators that i can send my comic to, to not only get signed, but CGC sig series graded as well...
that being said, i have Action Comics #1000, both the Blank Sketch Edition, and the Standard Jim Lee Edition.... (would love to add his SDCC Foil Edition into the mix as well)
since i cant travel much currently outside of SWFL, im looking for ways to get the harder to get signatures and the signatures of creators that dont come to southern florida....
im still waiting to see who will be at MegaCon Orlando this year.
i see facilitators goin to Mexico comic con that has both Jock and Garcia-Lopez, and that started my idea... im wanting to try and get as many signatures graded on both of these books, especially the sketch edition cause of the room...
who (in your opinions) will be my hardest sigs to acquire for this Nobel Quest, and why?
im still starting to compare facilitators, to see who is traveling to what, and see who can get the most sigs when they do travel...

any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated..... im not worried about getting this all done in one trip and know this might take a few back and forth, but would think getting the hardest ones first might be the best approach?

thanx

AC1000.jpg

I'd use that blank sketch edition and get anyone and everyone who has been involved with Superman in any way.  Artists, writers, actors, directors... crew (lol).  It'll fill up very fast, but you can use the back too.  What I'd find funny would be CGC trying to fit all those names onto a label!

Too bad Christopher Reeves is gone.  He'd be my number 1 choice.

You mentioned Garcia-Lopez.... as his sketches may be too pricey, perhaps you could have someone ink some of his work on your blank cover and then have the man himself sign it.  If you notice my current Superman Super Powers avatar, maybe you are familiar with the card art it came with on store shelves?  Have that Superman image recreated!

i wasnt necessarily looking to get any sketches on the sketch edition, mainly signatures, but that does give me an interesting thought, IF i would to seek out a single sketch for the center of the cover, out of who is currently out there, who would be the one sketch i should look for? any specific reason?

1 hour ago, forbiddenwon said:

i wasnt necessarily looking to get any sketches on the sketch edition, mainly signatures, but that does give me an interesting thought, IF i would to seek out a single sketch for the center of the cover, out of who is currently out there, who would be the one sketch i should look for? any specific reason?

I would start with Dan Jurgens. He has a long history as a writer/artist of the Superman titles. John Byrne is another writer/artist that comes to mind.

Joe