• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 40

16 posts in this topic

Other than some slight edge-wear, top back cover discoloration and minor spine tick or two, that's really nice copy. The discoloration might be something to keep it from 9.4.

9.2, though 9.4 wouldn't surprise me.

CGC says it's an 8.0. Despite their excellent track record, they are not the be-all end-all authority on comic evaluation.

Grading is subjective. There is no "wrong" unless you're uneducated and profess that your grade it objective. (Though, as I have said many times, Gem Mint should be objective.)

I think they were overly harsh on this one but not so much the 39  It doesn't really matter I am not selling them so who cares.  The 39 is in much worse shape and still got an an 8 so I should be happy  They are in the mail now and I will post pics.  I also sent in FF 29  and Fear 19  9.2 and 9.4  All were pressed.  It just goes to show newer books get the higher grades

Just now, Karl Liebl said:

its just the average mish mash of stuff, nothing special or exciting  I am ok with an 8.  After all 8 is still pretty good!

Yeah that's true. I guess they hit the back cover shadow/tanning harder than expected.

But like you said, an 8.0 is nice, and the book does present very well. (thumbsu

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Yeah that's true. I guess they hit the back cover shadow/tanning harder than expected.

But like you said, an 8.0 is nice, and the book does present very well. (thumbsu

I have its twin too and it also got an 8...

It has more visible damage...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f0.jpg.481a285d5018cba4d676a7fd73952c3e.jpg;

It will be nice to display them together.  I would sell them for some FF but at this time I am not motivated.  Very lazy lol.