• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Would You Open A Slabbed Book?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Why have you done 10 reholders ? If the book is fine in the current holder, leave it be. SCS usually happens from a rough shipping experience. Why risk additional shipments that are not necessary. 

Hi Bob,

I very much prefer the new style holders - they are far sturdier and, to my eye, have better clarity.   Also, since I collect Walking Dead, I can reholder with the custom Walking Dead label which seems to be preferred by collectors.   The set I am working to complete - all with signatures of Robert Kirkman (writer) and one of the artists - has 50 books.  Some come with new holders already, which is great.   But I'm going to keep reholdering the older slabs.  I know it's putting another $20 + postage into each book but I don't care - it's my collection and I expect to have it for a very long time (at least through the end of the comic run).