• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MightyCon - 2/9/2019 (this Saturday) - Chicago Suburbs
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Short notice, but I didn't see an event and I know a few board members are setting up and would appreciate the extra traffic.

And potentially a place to post pictures after.

When: Saturday, February 9th 10A-5P

Where: Dupage County Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187

How much: $8 GA; kids < 12 FREE

Early admission: Available if you purchase your ticket online; gets you in 30 mins early --> https://mightyconshows.com/store?type=attendee

See you there!

I will be set up at this show 

plenty of new books at $1, $3 and $5 and up 

At least 10-12 new long boxes of 50 cent books 

All old stock has been reduced

pics in a bit 

Edited by jsilverjanet

I wanted to go but i'm flat broke. It sucks to miss a show that's only 20 minutes from you but there's always next time.  :(  Have any of you gone to the all night flea market at the fairgrounds? My friend from work goes every year and tells me there are tone of sellers with comics. Always seems to fall on a bad date for me. I think its in August this year.

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I wanted to go but i'm flat broke. It sucks to miss a show that's only 20 minutes from you but there's always next time.  :(  Have any of you gone to the all night flea market at the fairgrounds? My friend from work goes every year and tells me there are tone of sellers with comics. Always seems to fall on a bad date for me. I think its in August this year.

From my perspective, apart from Hector, this was not a good buying show.

Even Comics4Less, who usually brings dozens of longboxes at $0.50 and kills, was lackluster. They brought 5 boxes, mostly magazines, and were picked apart like dead whales before the public came in.

But it depends what you’re looking for. Apparently Kenosha today was the place to be. 

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Yes, My wife and I usually try to go to the all night flea market. It's not really all night anymore but it's still a lot of fun. To be honest, I generally don't see many comics. Some, but far from 'tons'. Didn't know you are in the area. I'm in Downers Grove 

12 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, My wife and I usually try to go to the all night flea market. It's not really all night anymore but it's still a lot of fun. To be honest, I generally don't see many comics. Some, but far from 'tons'. Didn't know you are in the area. I'm in Downers Grove 

Maybe i'll pass on the all nighter but I will want to hit the Haunted Halloween Flea Market. Went last year and found some good stuff. Yes same area i'm in Aurora which is a suburb of Chicago (Excellent).  ;)   Little blast from the 90s.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

:news: there are no good buying shows in the Chicago area

please go to St. Louis or either the east or west coast 

thank you

Do you have your own shop in the area or just a gigantic collection? The only 2 LCS I go to are both Graham Crackers. St. Charles and Downers Grove.

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Do you have your own shop in the area or just a gigantic collection? The only 2 LCS I go to are both Graham Crackers. St. Charles and Downers Grove.

He’s just a local flipper :flipbait:

Edited by Logan510

10 hours ago, Logan510 said:
12 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

He’s just a local flipper :flipbait:

You forgot "dirty".

36 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Aren't we all flippers? (thumbsu

Maybe, but we don't all set up at cons.

I'll be honest, I don't particularly like him and it's not because he's a flipper, some of my best friends are flippers. can't  get along with everyone I suppose (shrug)

I do admire the way he hustles though, he puts in a lot of work, I get tired just thinking about the amount of work he puts into it.