• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MightyCon - 2/9/2019 (this Saturday) - Chicago Suburbs
1 1

25 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I'd like to know, from those in the know, what is the tipping point between "dirty flipper" and "respected dealer".

That's a good question.

I would say that if you see people as dollar signs that's probably a starting point.

If you tell someone " I really need that for my collection, can you give me a discount?" and then turn around and sell it that's a good indicator lol

I'm not saying anyone in this thread has done this as far as I know...but I do know people on these boards who have done that.

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

I'll be honest, I don't particularly like him and it's not because he's a flipper, some of my best friends are flippers. can't  get along with everyone I suppose (shrug)

I do admire the way he hustles though, he puts in a lot of work, I get tired just thinking about the amount of work he puts into it.

Thank you for your honesty and for the compliment. (thumbsu

14 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Do you have your own shop in the area or just a gigantic collection? The only 2 LCS I go to are both Graham Crackers. St. Charles and Downers Grove.

I buy a lot and sell a lot on ebay. Honestly collections locally are hard to come by. There are a lot of venues for people to sell to and there are also a lot of buyers in the area - look on CL there are more people buying collections than people selling.

I've had to go out of state lately to buy what I have.

I set up at all the mighty shows, plenty of deals to find in all the boxes that I bring.

We will be in Milwaukee next week.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I buy a lot and sell a lot on ebay. Honestly collections locally are hard to come by. There are a lot of venues for people to sell to and there are also a lot of buyers in the area - look on CL there are more people buying collections than people selling.

I've had to go out of state lately to buy what I have.

I set up at all the mighty shows, plenty of deals to find in all the boxes that I bring.

We will be in Milwaukee next week.

I probably walked by you a few years ago at the Wheaton megacon. I purchased a bunch of SA and BA from a guy who was selling like 3 for $30 dollars for anything in certain boxes then like 2 for $30 in other boxes. Spent my whole wad in the same place lol.