• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alright, I'll bite. Who is Stu?
3 3

50 posts in this topic

I often see the name referenced in threads but don't know the backstory.  Can anyone provide a concise explanation of who it is, or more to the point, what happened?  Not looking to wade through 20 pages of a decade-old thread, just enough to understand the reference.  Feel free to PM if the topic is verboten.

Isn't Stu the guy who keeps returning with new accounts that tend to, first of all, express an extreme, deep-felt hatred for the more sophisticated forms of classic pop music, such as Steely Dan, in particular?

As the band is a Water Cooler icon, that attitude, in itself, tends to result in rapid moderator notification and an equally rapid disappearance.

1 hour ago, MadripoorNights said:

I often see the name referenced in threads but don't know the backstory.  Can anyone provide a concise explanation of who it is, or more to the point, what happened?  Not looking to wade through 20 pages of a decade-old thread, just enough to understand the reference.  Feel free to PM if the topic is verboten.

What are you willing to bite for this information?  :cool:

2 hours ago, BuzzKillington said:

I would actually like to know, too. I think I've read some things on Probation/HOS about him claiming he was broke, took donations from boardies, used it to buy comics instead of necessities etc. That may be a completely different person.

I'm a long-time lurker, so don't use my join date against me lol. I've been reading around for a few years.

That's how rumors get started. That was a different person. (tsk)

2 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

I said, "I think"!

You did, but perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all if you don't know what you're talking about (shrug)

3 minutes ago, BuzzKillington said:

Is it my fault that I can't differentiate the degenerates?

Actually, yes. I'm not sure who else's fault it would be.

58 minutes ago, telerites said:

Not sure if I am in the minority but I like Stu's posts under whatever screen name. 

I agree, Jeff.

Musical taste aside, he has an interesting, if somewhat aggressive style.