• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alright, I'll bite. Who is Stu?
3 3

50 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

What ever happened to Swick?

Not sure but he comments every once in a while when something gets out of hand... :foryou:

Probably still pissed he didn't get Forumite of the Year award.  He was gunnin' pretty hard for it.

comic_best_forum2018.gif

Stu is one of many people here who had migrated from over on the eBay comic chat boards. He's a funny guy who can rub some people the wrong way. I think he got banned here for saying something overly obnoxious and has continued to return under different IDs, getting banned when he was found out.

I haven't spoken to him in a long time, but he always seemed on the up and up to me. (Other than being a Boston sports fan.)

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I agree, Jeff.

Musical taste aside, he has an interesting, if somewhat aggressive style.

That's very polite of you.

If you can look past stalking people ( emailing people at their work without invitation ) if they say things he doesn't like on a comic book message board. Yeah, he's an OK guy.

:screwy:

I am a longtime acquaintance of Stu's.  As mentioned previously in this thread, he was one of us who migrated here from the eBay comics chat board.  I met Stu in person at SDCC in 2000.   We hit it off initially because we shared a love of EC comics and hard rock/heavy metal music.   We used to trade music CDs back and forth.  He got a MOKF comic for me signed by Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy back in 1999.  

Edited by Mutant Manatee

He's one of the most passionate lovers of comics I've ever met. He's very bright, very knowledgeable and funny. I miss those old days when we were on eBay.   However, some people learn to be tolerant of other's ideas or to at least zip your lip when you need to and some don't feel the necessity to get along or follow any kind of rules.  That's basically why he was banned and why he keeps showing up.  

2 hours ago, Mutant Manatee said:

I am a longtime acquaintance of Stu's.  As mentioned previously in this thread, he was one of us who migrated here from the eBay comics chat board.  I met Stu in person at SDCC in 2000.   We hit it off initially because we shared a love of EC comics and hard rock/heavy metal music.   We used to trade music CDs back and forth.  He got a MOKF comic for me signed by Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy back in 1999.  

I agree with him on some things and disagree with him on others.  He has always been very anti-CGC and anti "Voldy".  He also had some nasty verbal disagreements with several members here, some who are good friends of mine.  Stu and I have since drifted apart, I haven't heard from him in years.  If he has posted here recently as an altie it has flown under my radar.

:foryou:

42 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

He's one of the most passionate lovers of comics I've ever met. He's very bright, very knowledgeable and funny. I miss those old days when we were on eBay.   However, some people learn to be tolerant of other's ideas or to at least zip your lip when you need to and some don't feel the necessity to get along or follow any kind of rules.  That's basically why he was banned and why he keeps showing up.  

Passionate...that's an interesting way to put it.

Some might say psychotic, but that's none of my business.