• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Shipping comics?

3 posts in this topic

I'm quite to new to selling comics.

I just recently started selling comics of Ebay.

and I'm just hoping to get some advice from experienced sellers.

I've sold around 6 items so far and when it came to shipping there were a few options, All of which were completely new to me.

what I've done so far is go through UPS ground. I purchase the Label through UPS and Pack The Item myself and so far my average prices for Shipping the Items have been $12(I will not be shipping overseas, only domestically)

But as I said, there are so many options, I'm not sure what the benefits are of Purchasing the Label from Ebay....I asked the UPS store how much it would be if I brought my own label and just paid for shipping, and it was basically the same.price

I've looked up rates for USPS, about the cheapest rate is around $3 but when you spend 7 dollars for a label through Ebay thats about $10+ total to ship.

basically what I'm asking is, Is there a universal consensus for The cheapest way to ship, if so could someone tell me?

and If Not, Is the rates I've been paying through UPS at around $12 pretty acceptable or is there a clear better and cheaper way to ship.

Thank you so much for anyone who responses

It would depend on the value of the books you are selling.    Single books (maybe even 2) in a gemini mailer should qualify for first class usps shipping.  About $6.  Or padded envelope with cardboard stiffeners, same deal.  I use that for books up to $20 ish or so.  I would say anything over $50 it would be smart to securely pack in a usps priority box.  Even slabs can be double boxed and go for the flat rate of $15 ish. Secure packing is everything.  Cardboard and bubble wrap are your friends. These packages are not necessarily handled with care. 

You can easily ship a single comic in a cardboard mailer via USPS First Class for under $4 to any US address.  If you print your labels through eBay you get a significant discount on USPS postage.  I buy cardboard mailers from ULINE, print my shipping labels on regular paper and tape them to the package.  Unless it is an expensive comic book, buyers are going to balk at a $12 shipping charge.