• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 Days of Night Spiral Bound Edition
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Oh really?  Is that why?  You asked CGC and that was the reason? 

WRONG. 

They don't grade them because they said they wont fit in the case due to the spiral binding.  Since I actually have the book, I asked them and that was their response. 

23 minutes ago, cbmitch said:

Oh really?  Is that why?  You asked CGC and that was the reason? 

WRONG. 

They don't grade them because they said they wont fit in the case due to the spiral binding.  Since I actually have the book, I asked them and that was their response. 

Not likely.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Cgc+trade+paperback+&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=20&_udhi=1%2C000%2C000&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=91604&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200

-J.

There are two reasons that CGC doesn't grade this book:

1) If they don't have a CGC case thick enough, they won't grade it.  CGC does grade thick books, but they can't be too thick.  If CGC can't slab it, they don't grade it.  

2) If CGC can slab a book, they still might refuse to grade it if there is no way for CGC to determine with certainty that a book is authentic.  Gobbledygook (1984) and Cry For Dawn #3 Horror Con could easily be slabbed because they are not too large or thick, but CGC won't grade them because they can't determine if one is authentic or not.

30 Days of Night - Spiral Bound is unlikely to be slabbed due to reason 1), so we don't know CGC's official stance on reason 2).

Talk about jumping the tracks.  My original question was on value and now I am arguing about the CGC maximum thickness.  You can post whatever you want genus but here is the email from CGC...go argue their process with them.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Jaydogrules said:

hm

-J.

30_days_of_night.png

Didn’t CGC used to refuse to grade Love And Rockets #1 because they couldn’t verify authenticity? I can tell a real from a fake at a glance, unfortunately not until years after I bought my fake I had to buy raw because I got it well before CGC would grade them

On 2/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, cbmitch said:

Talk about jumping the tracks.  My original question was on value and now I am arguing about the CGC maximum thickness.  You can post whatever you want genus but here is the email from CGC...go argue their process with them.

Maybe I'm missing something. That email just says they won't encapsulate it. It doesn't say why.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, cbmitch said:

Anyone have a guesstimate on the value of a 30 days of night spiral edition.  It came back a 9.8 for the CGC competitor since CGC won't grade them as they apparently won't fit in the case. 

thumbnail (3).jpg

Tree fiddy!