• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books that I own are on Comiclink?
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Not sure why they are up there, and still for sale?

One book I have owned for over a month now, purchased on eBay. The others ( at least 3) I’ve owned for almost 2 years, also purchased through eBay

Does anyone know a way to get to to get these books off the site? I didn’t list them, but They definitely are no longer available there. Thanks for any help. 

Edited by nepatkm

just email them (check the contact us section of their webpage). they dont actively manage their exchange listings so theres lots of stuff up that is not owned by the person who listed it.

its too bad, it could be a good marketplace but too many times Ive inquired about a book on the exchange where the email just goes into a black hole...

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Not sure why they are up there, and still for sale?

One book I have owned for over a month now, purchased on eBay. The others ( at least 3) I’ve owned for almost 2 years, also purchased through eBay

Does anyone know a way to get to to get these books off the site? I didn’t list them, but They definitely are no longer available there. Thanks for any help. 

They're not still showing as for sale or offer, are they? Comiclink does tend to leave sold books up for quite some time, in certain instances. A book might still show up on the exchange as "sale pending" that was sold many years ago, which is why some books seem to have sold for so little compared to books still available to buy and offer on. Because that Heritage-like "permanent auction archives" exists on the Comiclink exchange, and no mention is made, as Heritage does, of when that book sold for that amount, it would be difficult to assess the price progression of market value using that parameter alone. The Heritage auction archives is far more helpful towards understanding chronological market trends, unless using GPA, which is the definitive pricing resource.

Edited by James J Johnson

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

They're not still showing as for sale or offer, are they?

The OP indicated they are still for sale which probably means the seller had them listed on both sites and did not remove them from Comiclink once they sold.

1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:

The OP indicated they are still for sale which probably means the seller had them listed on both sites and did not remove them from Comiclink once they sold.

Most likely, thanks. 

Yes, @James J Johnson a couple of books are still for sale and I believe that wha @GACollectibles said has to be the reason. There are others also that still say sale pending that I’ve owned for years, that weren’t purchased on comiclink.

I just wonder how many books listed on their site actually aren’t for sale at all, also very confused on how long books can hang around with sale pending along with the waitlist option button. 

Thanks everyone for the responses. 

CL can be very frustrating.  So many Sale Pendings that you need to wade through.  I know you can use the Advanced Search to filter these out but I think the default should be not to show them and allow to filter or search past results.  Just recently I made an offer on a book which was countered and I accepted.  I sent in payment by check which I always do on CL because they hit you with the credit card fees.  A few days I get an email from CL saying the seller couldn't find the book and cancelled the deal.  I had to wait for my check to be deposited with CL and then they cut me a check and mailed it to me.  About a month passed before I received my refund.  I told them they still owe me for the stamp.  And I suspect this was a case of seller's remorse since they made a counter which I accepted and they decided they could get more or didn't really want to sell it or possibly it really wasn't available which in all cases the buyer is frustrated s there is no book to be had even though it shows as an active for sale item. rantrant

There is a page of art that I bought off of eBay that is listed on the Link.

I am tempted to offer whoever is running the listing on Comiclink the full ask price they are seeking. 

2 hours ago, telerites said:

About a month passed before I received my refund.  I told them they still owe me for the stamp.

That's great. lol

Hi guys. I’m the Marketing Director for ComicLink. Feel free to PM me with any listings you know should be taken down from our  Exchange because the item sold through another venue. Sellers don’t always let us know when a comic book or piece of art they listed is no longer available. I can quickly confirm with the seller and take down the listing. 

FYI—this is never an issue for any ComicLink auction as sellers must send us their items before they can be listed.

Regards,

Ric

3 hours ago, ComicLink Rick said:

Hi guys. I’m the Marketing Director for ComicLink. Feel free to PM me with any listings you know should be taken down from our  Exchange because the item sold through another venue. Sellers don’t always let us know when a comic book or piece of art they listed is no longer available. I can quickly confirm with the seller and take down the listing. 

FYI—this is never an issue for any ComicLink auction as sellers must send us their items before they can be listed.

Regards,

Ric

Hi Ric

Although I have won and bought many items on CL, you may have noticed my rant above and much appreciated you come on and post.  Just curious if a possible enhancement would be to periodically and automatically send a message to sellers asking them to update their listings in case the availability and/or any updates (e.g., lowering a price or description change) should be done.  At least it would remind a seller and hopefully help resolve some of the problems. 

Other sites do this but just a thought to enhance the CL marketplace for the buyer and I assume the seller as they would want to sell their book quickly plus not want to be bothered by offers after it has been sold.  

Thanks

17 hours ago, ComicLink Rick said:

Regards,

Ric

you guys also ought to have quality standards for folks who list books on your exchange. it lowers comiclink's cred to have cruddy iphone pics of books with no back photos on the exchange. 

but something tells me this will never happen, just like comiclink wont ever start showing back scans in their auctions. too much trouble i guess. 

Edited by www.alexgross.com

13 hours ago, ComicLink Rick said:

Thank you for the suggestions regarding listings on the Exchange. We are always considering ways to improve the experience for both sellers and buyers and I’ll be sure to discuss the feedback brought up here with the team. 

Rick

I actually am always very pleased with you guys and your customer service. To tell the truth, keep up the good work.  And no, to the rest of the boards, I am not being sarcastic.  I recently called with a couple of questions and the guys on your end were personable, knowledgable and were quickly able to answer my questions.  In the past you even helped out with Fed Ex for me when they signed for a package for me, eventually tracking it down. Thanks as always. 

Edited by Buzzetta