• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what to do with 90s drek?
5 5

63 posts in this topic

I actually had at one point 4 long boxes of the most drekky Drek ever seen and at a yard sale some guy offered me 100$ (!) for the lot. I looked through and did not see anything worth squat. He didn’t even flip through them at all he said he just wanted reading material for his kids. I don’t think everyone out there knows that some comics are worth less than the paper they’re printed on. 

Back in 2006 (when I about to have my son and wanted to free up the bigger room for him) I traded 16 long boxes of mostly unbagged 90s drek for midgrade copied of Action Comics 86 and Superman 43 at my friendly LCS.  Was a good deal for me as I really needed the space though there was 1- 3 copies of New Mutants 98 in there and a few other modern drek gems.

Gotta say it still feels great to have unloaded it all.

1 hour ago, davidpg said:

Back in 2006 (when I about to have my son and wanted to free up the bigger room for him) I traded 16 long boxes of mostly unbagged 90s drek for midgrade copied of Action Comics 86 and Superman 43 at my friendly LCS.  Was a good deal for me as I really needed the space though there was 1- 3 copies of New Mutants 98 in there and a few other modern drek gems.

Gotta say it still feels great to have unloaded it all.

One should never feel bad about getting rid of Liefeld New Mutants, regardless of the price...

Give them to some kid.  If you don't have any friends with kids then drop them at the Goodwill and be done with it.  Some kid will end up with them.

When I was in the 4th grade someone gave me a pile of comic books that they didn't want anymore.  Those were the first comic books I ever touched.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:16 PM, SteppinRazor said:

Getting rid of my collection.  I've sold a lot of runs and individual stuff on the forum, but I don't know what to do with high grade drek.  It doesn't seem worth schlepping it to a store, and I can't imagine it's worth the shipping to sell it online.  I'm going to use a little bit of it for some artwork I have in mind, but not much.

They're all bagged and boarded, maybe those are worth selling? :nyah:

If it truly is high grade someone will buy it. Depending on how much you have just separate it by Character,  publisher, or cover artist. Keep the lots small enough that shipping doesn't add too much to the price per copy.