• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre and Post ReHoldering Damage?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I just noticed this and am a little upset needless to say.  The first picture is from the website I bought the book from.  The case was cracked when it arrived, not near where the new damage is (its the best resolutions I have).  The second is after reholdering, note the slight tear and warping in the upper right corner.  Not sure how mad I should be at this point or is it just the nature of reholdering that there is risk?  Advice before I contact CGC are welcome.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 12.43.21 PM.png

IMG_7329.jpeg

Edited by Xenosmilus

Yes, there is always an inherent risk to a reholder. Accidents happen, not often, but they do happen. That tear, if new, is not good. Contact CGC immediately. Call, they are notoriously slow to answer E-Mail. CGC is good about making things right. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, there is always an inherent risk to a reholder. Accidents happen, not often, but they do happen. That tear, if new, is not good. Contact CGC immediately. Call, they are notoriously slow to answer E-Mail. CGC is good about making things right. Good luck. 

BTW, next time you receive a cracked slab, send it back to the seller and get your money back. You don't want to deal with this situation again in the future. Who was the seller ? Sounds like poor packagaing. 

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

Thanks,  I just wrote CC (where I bought it) to see if they can send me a higher resolution photo of the back cover before I contact CGC.  I figure I should have all my ducks lined up before I pull the trigger on this.

4 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

BTW, next time you receive a cracked slab, send it back to the seller and get your money back. You don't want to deal with this situation again in the future. Who was the seller ? Sounds like poor packagaing. 

I tried that but Comic Connect wouldn't refund me because I won it at auction.  The best they would do was to reholder it for me.  Note I'm the same guy who received a cracked case of the Avengers #47 from Comic Connect also (you commented on that also a few days ago also when I was trying to sell that on eBay HAHA). 3 of my 5 purchases from them the cases were cracked. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

I tried that but Comic Connect wouldn't refund me because I won it at auction.  The best they would do was to reholder it for me.  Note I'm the same guy who received a cracked case of the Avengers #47 from Comic Connect also (you commented on that also a few days ago also when I was trying to sell that on eBay HAHA).

Wow, sounds like CC is not shipping their books properly. Next time, send the book back to CC, the onus should not be on you to get the book fixed. Let CC send it in for reholder. Trust me, you don't want to deal with these situations. In all honesty, I would consider stopping doing business with CC. After two incidents, and not getting any assistance, I would walk. Terrible customer service. Sorry this happened to you.

9 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Wow, sounds like CC is not shipping their books properly. Next time, send the book back to CC, the onus should not be on you to get the book fixed. Let CC send it in for reholder. Trust me, you don't want to deal with these situations. In all honesty, I would consider stopping doing business with CC. After two incidents, and not getting any assistance, I would walk. Terrible customer service. Sorry this happened to you.

Even worse,  that Avengers #47 after closer inspection of their posted photo, the slab was cracked (it was hard to see) pre-shipment and they didn't disclose that in the description.

Edited by Xenosmilus

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Even worse,  that Avengers #47 after closer inspection of their posted photo, the slab was cracked (it was hard to see) pre-shipment and they didn't disclose that in the description.

Again, wow, that's terrible customer service for not getting the book fixed for you. 

14 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

:tonofbricks:

I understand that an auction house has to pay the consignors their money and therefore they are hesitant to reimburse the buyer. However, if the book was cracked at the time of auction, this should have been noted by CC, stating the book has been sent to CGC for reholder. You see this all the time on CLink. It should not be a buyer beware situation. Winners of an auction should not be expected to receive a cracked slab and to take care of it themselves. Again, this is terrible customer service. 

10 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I understand that an auction house has to pay the consignors their money and therefore they are hesitant to reimburse the buyer. However, if the book was cracked at the time of auction, this should have been noted by CC, stating the book has been sent to CGC for reholder. You see this all the time on CLink. It should not be a buyer beware situation. Winners of an auction should not be expected to receive a cracked slab and to take care of it themselves. Again, this is terrible customer service. 

Yep, it stinks even more now because there is a book I want on their upcoming auction and I don't think I am going to bid on it now. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

I have had a lot of bad circumstances happen and quite a few non disclosures through Comicconnect. The worst was not disclosing a cover that was completely split and detached from a book. All that was said in the description was the grade of the book 3.0

The thing is it can be difficult to just choose to not deal with them as they often have the "goods".

I am thankful they got it right and shipped securely and safely when I bought my Church Planet.