• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MMC 27 9.6 Single Highest
2 2

75 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, Sqeggs said:

I saw that.  Makes me wonder whether it's an unrecognized ped copy. hm

I'm amazed at the GA non-ped high graders in the HA sig auction.  I probably missed if if there was talk about it and I know these are from RItter.  Lots of Supes but some others titles/publishers as well.  I mean, c'mon, Howdy Doody 1 in 9.6 :luhv:

45 minutes ago, Timely said:

:frown:

manipulate and flip

Edited by Gotham Kid

24 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Wow, that is depressing. What a strange time in a hobby when money makes people manipulate a 9.4 book like that.  So now the pages protrude past the cover and it receives a higher grade? 

I prefer the previous wrap myself.  :sorry:

I remember when I used to complain that "people only collect for the cover and not the stories!" But now it seems like many collect for the number in the top left. It's their money of course to do with what they wish, but it's not for me.

The number itself doesn't mean much to me, but a book that looks like it should get a high number means a lot to me. Without seeing exactly what Ritter or whoever did I can't comment on the work, but obviously the book looks like a 9.6 based on all of the oohing and aahing before West (a guy who absolutely loves to upgrade his books) poked his head in and posted. I am would guess rhat he is bummed that he didn't get a 9.6. But besides that, the book is really pretty. It was pretty as a 9.4 and it is pretty as a 9.6. I understand the feelings and sentiments directed at it, but it is a pretty book and I would love to own it.

Edited by MrBedrock

21 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

The number itself doesn't mean much to me, but a book that looks like it should get a high number means a lot to me. Without seeing exactly what Ritter or whoever did I can't comment on the work, but obviously the book looks like a 9.6 based on all of the oohing and aahing before West (a guy who absolutely loves to upgrade his books) poked his head in and posted. I am would guess rhat he is bummed that he didn't get a 9.6. But besides that, the book is really pretty. It was pretty as a 9.4 and it is pretty as a 9.6. I understand the feelings and sentiments directed at it, but it is a pretty book and I would love to own it.

I still think it is a pretty book and the price was decent (shrug)

Of course I only play in the shallow end of the pool lol

39 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

1st of all, I never said Ritter or anyone did anything wrong, I just made an observation.

A guy who absolutely loves to up grade his books? Realy? Um, you don't know me as well as you think you do. 99% of the books on my collection were not pressed, at least not by me or by my instruction to do so. I think the last time I had a book in my collection pressed was in 2009 or so. 

Poking my head in? Yes, I hope that freedom is still allowed! I know you occasionally like to do some head poking of your own. :bigsmile:

Just now, Timely said:

1st of all, I never said Ritter or anyone did anything wrong, I just made an observation.

A guy who absolutely loves to up grade his books? Realy? Um, you don't know me as well as you think you do. 99% of the books on my collection were not pressed, at least not by me or by my instruction to do so. I think the last time I had a book in my collection pressed was in 2009 or so. 

Poking my head in? Yes, I hope that freedom is still allowed! I know you occasionally like to do some head poking of your own. :bigsmile:

You CBCSers sure do whine a lot. 

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

It just takes the fun out of it for me. If I owned the book and then found out about the rework, I could not look at the book without feeling manipulated by some shadowy cloaked figure.

I know there’s some will wanna drop a brick on my head for saying that:tonofbricks:

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost