• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC not picking up from PO box, package returned?
2 2

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SuperBird said:

I sent in a few packages to the CGC PO box in Florida, which were not picked up and subsequently returned to me. Anyone else having this issue? 

What?  I just shipped a box to them from Canada yesterday.....I hope that doesn't get returned back?

17 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I mailed two boxes last Monday. Arrived and picked up Wednesday and show in the system Friday. Double check the address you used. 

Did you send USPS or Fedex/UPS? (I did USPS, which has a different mailing address)

CGC

PO Box 4738

Sarasota, FL 34230

Edited by SuperBird

3 hours ago, SuperBird said:

I sent in a few packages to the CGC PO box in Florida, which were not picked up and subsequently returned to me. Anyone else having this issue? 

Bummer man. Had a recent scare shipping to the PO BOX as well.

I sent a package to that same PO Box on 1/16, USPS shows it was delivered on 1/21. Waited until 1/28 to see if they got to the "Verified" stage before I called them. Took them another week to find the package and get it into the system. Was expecting to see the box returned, but it did get located. I asked if I did anything wrong as far as addressing or packing to delay the process but they said everything was fine.

Going forward, I'm going to take a picture or three of the package before sending as the (excellent) Customer Service Rep at CGC asked several questions about the physical appearance of the box during my call.

Good luck!

-bc

Well that doesn't sound encouraging at all. Shipping out of England I've had problems with PO boxes in the past. As little time as possible should books be in the postal system.

When I get me first submission together (working on it) I will drive to London and drop them in the new office there, indeed I think that's the only way possible here. Small island tho, it'll be worth the drive I think :)

I mailed a package to CGC on Monday, arrived on Thursday but nothing in the system yet.  I'll call on Monday if I don't see them in the system.  Mailed USPS to the P.O. Box. Never had an issue before and hopefully everything is fine and I'll see the
books verified on Monday.

Edited by musicmeta

Package sent USPS to the PO Box, note from tracking on Friday:

We attempted to deliver your package at 3:57 pm on February 8, 2019 in SARASOTA, FL 34230 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

:facepalm:

5 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Did you send USPS or Fedex/UPS? (I did USPS, which has a different mailing address)

CGC

PO Box 4738

Sarasota, FL 34230

Exact address I've been using sending them Flat Rate/First Class packages. Never had an issue yet. Well one package got delayed uploading, not sure if it was a USPS issue or CGC issue. Usually updated in their system within a few days. 

5 hours ago, Timmay said:

We attempted to deliver your package at 3:57 pm on February 8, 2019 in SARASOTA, FL 34230 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

Since that was late on a Friday maybe they weren't accepting anymore deliveries at that point?

As far as the op's packages being returned, the "mail to" address could have been placed in the wrong spot or if it was written could have been unclear to the USPS people. 

7 hours ago, Timmay said:

Timmay, I'm sure your package will be just fine. It arrived too late for there to be anyone in receiving to accept.

The OP's situation sounds like a rare goof. I've been sending packages to CGC for many years and none have ever come back as undeliverable. There is probably some reason - but it might never get figured out. Check the address. Create and Print a new label on the off chance there is something wrong with the barcode on the original label/package.  

However, with careful reading the note from USPS on Timmay's post above illustrates something I learned just last week. And explains the "how do they get all those packages in a PO Box?" jokes. 

Packages don't. Get anywhere close to the PO Box. CGC gets so many packages that USPS loads them up on skids and BRINGS THEM TO CGC. Everyday, often more than once a day. I was told that on Monday's CGC can often get several hundred packages. So we are mailing the packages to CGC's PO Box - but the USPS loads them all up on a truck and delivers them to CGC's physical address at 5501 Communications Parkway

Which brings up the other thing I learned that some here might find useful to know. Packages received on the super busy Monday will often sit a few days at CGC as employees get them opened and comics entered into the system. I called about a walkthru that had been sitting for three days.  SOOOO. If you have walkthru or expedited books in a box, mark all four sides of the box either WK or EX with marker. Then the employees in receiving will grab those boxes first. 

Edited by Tony S