• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC not picking up from PO box, package returned?
2 2

38 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Now everyone will be marking their boxes. 

If you lie they put your books in the cafeteria for a week and everyone reads them before they are entered into the system

:whee:

Edited by Tony S

I had a package arrive on February 4th and was marked as "ready for pickup" I called CGC customer service and was advised the package is in their facility but the USPS sometimes doesn't mark the item as delivered becuase of the "onsite P.O. Box" or some type of arrangement like that at CGC. In fact, USPS just followed up with a "reminder to reschedule delivery of your item" yesterday. 

not only has CGC confirmed they have the books, but my submissions list has been updated and the books verified.

Hope that helps

6 minutes ago, c_mkv said:

I had a package arrive on February 4th and was marked as "ready for pickup" I called CGC customer service and was advised the package is in their facility but the USPS sometimes doesn't mark the item as delivered becuase of the "onsite P.O. Box" or some type of arrangement like that at CGC. In fact, USPS just followed up with a "reminder to reschedule delivery of your item" yesterday. 

not only has CGC confirmed they have the books, but my submissions list has been updated and the books verified.

Hope that helps

Thanks, I'll call tomorrow and see if the same happened to me. 

3 hours ago, Tony S said:

Which brings up the other thing I learned that some here might find useful to know. Packages received on the super busy Monday will often sit a few days at CGC as employees get them opened and comics entered into the system. I called about a walkthru that had been sitting for three days.  SOOOO. If you have walkthru or expedited books in a box, mark all four sides of the box either WK or EX with marker. Then the employees in receiving will grab those boxes first. 

Thanks for the tip. Since you've been submitting books to CGC much longer than I have do you think it's strange that my crossover re-grade submission (standard tier) was delivered on Thursday Feb 1st & hasn't been verified yet? At least I haven't received any notification from them. Not even sure I should call since I don't get an invoice number until it's verified? 

Edited by MGsimba77

13 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Thanks for the tip. Since you've been submitting books to CGC much longer than I have do you think it's strange that my crossover re-grade submission (standard tier) was delivered on Thursday Feb 1st & hasn't been verified yet? At least I haven't received any notification from them. Not even sure I should call since I don't get an invoice number until it's verified? 

I would call. It's been a full week which is long enough to want to check.  
I have only sent in 3 or 4 cross over grading submissions, so it's hard for me to remember exactly how it went. You receive an email with their assessment. That email might be sent out before they actually enter the book into the system. IDK for sure, can't remember.  But calling would be wise. Maybe they emailed you and have the wrong address. Maybe it went into your spam folder. 

2 hours ago, Tony S said:

I would call. It's been a full week which is long enough to want to check.  
I have only sent in 3 or 4 cross over grading submissions, so it's hard for me to remember exactly how it went. You receive an email with their assessment. That email might be sent out before they actually enter the book into the system. IDK for sure, can't remember.  But calling would be wise. Maybe they emailed you and have the wrong address. Maybe it went into your spam folder. 

It's cool! Was just notified and they recommended a press for both books. Thanks for the response though!

On 2/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, Tony S said:

Timmay, I'm sure your package will be just fine. It arrived too late for there to be anyone in receiving to accept.

The OP's situation sounds like a rare goof. I've been sending packages to CGC for many years and none have ever come back as undeliverable. There is probably some reason - but it might never get figured out. Check the address. Create and Print a new label on the off chance there is something wrong with the barcode on the original label/package.  

However, with careful reading the note from USPS on Timmay's post above illustrates something I learned just last week. And explains the "how do they get all those packages in a PO Box?" jokes. 

Packages don't. Get anywhere close to the PO Box. CGC gets so many packages that USPS loads them up on skids and BRINGS THEM TO CGC. Everyday, often more than once a day. I was told that on Monday's CGC can often get several hundred packages. So we are mailing the packages to CGC's PO Box - but the USPS loads them all up on a truck and delivers them to CGC's physical address at 5501 Communications Parkway

Which brings up the other thing I learned that some here might find useful to know. Packages received on the super busy Monday will often sit a few days at CGC as employees get them opened and comics entered into the system. I called about a walkthru that had been sitting for three days.  SOOOO. If you have walkthru or expedited books in a box, mark all four sides of the box either WK or EX with marker. Then the employees in receiving will grab those boxes first. 

(thumbsu

8 hours ago, Gruson said:

Question. If you send to PO Box fully insured do you get signature confirmation or what?  Sending my first batch. 

Depending on how much it's insured for it should require a sig anyway but it never hurts to get sig confirmation, too.  I typically don't but I insure my packages pretty high and have yet to have a problem (knock on wood).  Good luck with your first submission! (thumbsu

On 7/25/2019 at 6:24 PM, Gruson said:

Question. If you send to PO Box fully insured do you get signature confirmation or what?  Sending my first batch. 

I ship from the UK. Our post offices are no fans of PO Box addresses. So I ship to the full CGC address: 

CGC, 5501 Communications Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34230, USA

I also insure to the full replacement value of the comics.

Hope this helps. Good luck (and high grades) with your first submission.

SWA