• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Eerie 17
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I recently received this book from one the best board members I know.

He graded it and told me one grade, but I quickly snatched it because I thankfully think he undergrades.  That's why I always buy from him, and will buy from him as long as he will let me. Let me know what you grading gurus think.

17a1.thumb.jpg.e53398f14e7d6dcca7ba59c88fe8fb5b (1).jpg

17b1.thumb.jpg.75268e726b6d5102abb8a238589b2472 (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I’ve cracked out 8.0s and 8.5s that looked like this copy.  FWIW, I’ve seen Vampirella 1s that looked like this copy in 9.2 slabs also.  My personal grading would put this as an 8.0

Yeah was thinking in that 8.0/8.5- 9.0 range .

18 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I’ve cracked out 8.0s and 8.5s that looked like this copy.  FWIW, I’ve seen Vampirella 1s that looked like this copy in 9.2 slabs also.  My personal grading would put this as an 8.0

Thanks , you I consider to be an expert on Horror mags. As I think mags are definately harder to come by in the higher grades.

That Eerie looks great, and I give it an eight :)

Good job it didn't look like poo really isn't it. From a grade rhyming perspective I mean. 

A little foxing on the back cover, very slight spine stress front cover, tiny wear and tear at the staples, very slight shadow top edge back cover, tiny tear upper left edge back cover. Unless I'm missing something, I see no reason not to give it at least an 8.5...  :golfclap:

Edited by The Lions Den

7 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

A little foxing on the back cover, very slight spine stress front cover, tiny wear and tear at the staples, very slight shadow top edge back cover, tiny tear upper left edge back cover. Unless I'm missing something, I see no reason not to give it at least an 8.5...  :golfclap:

Well from an ex cgc grader . I'll take it.:golfclap:

Just now, The Lions Den said:

Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't mean much anymore...but thank you anyway, Oakman!   (worship)

Means alot to me! 

Though there are no tears on the book, and I was curious about the writing on the cover.

9 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Means alot to me! 

Though there are no tears on the book, and I was curious about the writing on the cover.

That small bit of writing in the "R" doesn't bother me...looks like it could be an arrival date. And if that's just wear at the staples and upper back cover, that's definitely a good thing. As I'm sure you know, even a small tear can affect the grade significantly...

7 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

:gossip:  7.5 to 8.0

Well the cats outta the bag. 

I bought this book from DeadOne here, and I for one think you are an extremely tight grader. That is wonderful for anyone who buys from you.

I will certainly keep buying from you.(worship)

Just now, oakman29 said:

In fact Bryan I think I owe you a few beers if you ever come to California  for all the deals I have gotten from you.(worship)

I could use a little California right now... these Michigan winters (although not as bad as others) are for the birds.