• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Shipping Cost Right? Seems off

4 posts in this topic

I had this posted in the General Forum - asked to close that thread and move it here, where I think it belongs.

Anyways - I was going to have 11 books graded - All modern.

I have the mid grade tier for my membership, which includes $150.00 in credit, which I have no used yet. I know the credit does not go towards shipping costs.

So here is where I am at:

The cost for the 11 books to be graded is $198.00. No problem, so $48.00 out of pocket after the credit is applied.

Shipping costs: $75.00 for Fedex shipping back to me. All comics are under 200 in value. 

Doesn't this seem insanely high? I swear I had sent in like 15+ and the shipping charge was lower than that. 

Can someone tell me if this seems off and if I should contact cgc? I think there must be an issue, or the prices have gone up or something. I could be completely wrong, but this just doesn't seem right.

Any information helps, and I appreciate you all for reading/helping! Look forward to the responses!

A 12 pound priority mail package from NYC to Los Angeles would be $92 without additional insurance. I don't knowhow much 11 slabs weigh and the weight of cgc's packing materials. I have trouble packing a slab properly under 1 pound.