• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Man #300 Grade is in!!
1 1

33 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Noble52 said:

7.5-8 because of spine stress on the back cover. It looks like they all break color, so I don’t think a press will help much.

It won't. While a press may mollify and/or smooth out some of the actual crimps surrounding those flake lines of the spine stresses, the broken color, the white fibers of the paper lending greater visibility to the stresses because of the color fracturing cannot be remedied by pressing.

9 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

It won't. While a press may mollify and/or smooth out some of the actual crimps surrounding those flake lines of the spine stresses, the broken color, the white fibers of the paper lending greater visibility to the stresses because of the color fracturing cannot be remedied by pressing.

Actually they all don't break color I was surprised after I took the pic but I think it's the flash of my phone on the ticks. I'll try and take another in natural light to show the difference.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:17 AM, billsid said:

Actually they all don't break color I was surprised after I took the pic but I think it's the flash of my phone on the ticks. I'll try and take another in natural light to show the difference.

I've noticed that same effect when I take scans and then enlarge the pic.  Suddenly I see a lot more 'tics' which just seem to be reflected light on the NCB creases.   Congrats on the grade!

what's crazy is i also sent in a She-Hulk #1 which I thought to be at a minimum 9.6 with possibly getting a 9.8  I didn't even bother to ask here what everyone thought I figured it a no brainer, it had 2 ever so tiny ticks 1 that just barely broke color and that came back a 9.2 compared to this book it should've been way higher and the grader notes were the same for both. "light spine stress lines to cover" go figure.