• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealer graded 9.6 - missing bottom staple

37 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Schmakt said:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't meaning to say anything about them as a whole as I've bought from them several times raw and slabbed with zero problems! And hope to do so again... this one was just strange! :)

Greg is a "them?"   Who knew?  I thought he was just one person. Go figure.

Just now, Schmakt said:
1 minute ago, icefires said:

Greg is a "them?"   Who knew?  I thought he was just one person. Go figure.

Isn't it Greg and Austin?

Only one way to find out.

Greg!

Austin!

7 minutes ago, icefires said:

He has a kid named Austin. What is your perversion about him being "bionic?"

Not a kid in the seventies then Icefires?

Image result for steve austin gif bionic

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Call him out!  Call him out!  Rah rah ree!

You'd think he'd have heard us by now with that bionic hearing wouldn't you. 

Hey all, 

Appreciate the shoutouts here, I don't post as often as I should but I am generally checking in on the boards every day. Just to clarify, this book was listed in 2014 when it was just Greg and Alex around so our notes weren't as specific as they are now. This book was manufactured with no bottom staple. We have been denoting whether bottom staples are missing from the manufacturer or if they are just missing for a few years now, but obviously not when this book was graded. As for the concern with pressing, we don't press any of our raw books.

As for the grade, I agree it was off and have since taken it down to have it regraded.

If anyone else has any questions feel free to @ me. 

Thanks!

-Austin 

1 minute ago, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Hey all, 

Appreciate the shoutouts here, I don't post as often as I should but I am generally checking in on the boards every day. Just to clarify, this book was listed in 2014 when it was just Greg and Alex around so our notes weren't as specific as they are now. This book was manufactured with no bottom staple. We have been denoting whether bottom staples are missing from the manufacturer or if they are just missing for a few years now, but obviously not when this book was graded. As for the concern with pressing, we don't press any of our raw books.

As for the grade, I agree it was off and have since taken it down to have it regraded.

If anyone else has any questions feel free to @ me. 

Thanks!

-Austin 

<3

I'm torn between apologizing for any trouble or saying, "you're welcome" for finding the issue :-p

Regardless, I'm saying, "thank you" for taking a look at the book in question...

Thank you!!! :)

1 minute ago, Schmakt said:

<3

I'm torn between apologizing for any trouble or saying, "you're welcome" for finding the issue :-p

Regardless, I'm saying, "thank you" for taking a look at the book in question...

Thank you!!! :)

We just want people to be happy with their purchases from us so I'm glad you spotted it. We try very hard to have tight grading (and I think 99.9% of our books are), but we do miss things from time to time.