• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ORIGINAL CAPTAIN MARVEL (1941-1953)
1 1

94 posts in this topic

If you have any please show them...

My first CAPTAIN MARVEL ADVENTURES #34  April 1944

1044777175_IMGCAPTAINMARVEL34(200dpi).thumb.jpg.b63995168173ae24c988841f384baf68.jpg

My last CAPTAIN MARVEL ADVENTURES #103  (December 1949)

1435178363_IMGCAPTAINMARVEL103(200dpi).thumb.jpg.9964901929b0deca5498f7e90bdbe83f.jpg

Edited by Marty Mann

My Dad talked about Captain Marvel way more than Superman and seemed to remember his comics more too. He especially remembered Special Edition Comics #1. I've always enjoyed reading this and the series has some great covers. Here's my favorite thanks to Sharon.

tn_Whiz14.JPG

My first golden age comics were Captain Marvel and Junior which were a gift from my cousin.  Since then I have picked up a lot of Fawcett comics and a bunch of paper toys.

9125558915_d0e8176188_b.jpg

It is a little annoying that Cap is now called Shazam to please the giant Disney/Marvel empire.

Gotta love Bonnie Carpenter who writes "Handle with care!" on her Captain Marvel Adventures #19 pictured above.  Fantastic Bonnie!  I love it!  A true pioneer thinking and caring about the condition of her comics even back then.  It must have worked because the comic is still with us.

With my brother it was "Don't touch my comics!  If you do, you'll get pounded."  lol

...My intro to the 'real' Captain Marvel was during the Shazam / Isis Hour during the 70's Saturday morning lineups. He was my favorite hero for a while, along with Wonder Woman who was also on TV (at prime time). Long sold off most of my collection on both when my collecting focus' changed, though i am committed to rebuilding a small representation of both again.

One of the one's i held onto. This was always a favorite , the last appearance of the Captain and Family under Fawcett until DC revived them in the 70's. 

Marvel Family #89.jpg

8 minutes ago, sagii said:

...My intro to the 'real' Captain Marvel was during the Shazam / Isis Hour during the 70's Saturday morning lineups. He was my favorite hero for a while, along with Wonder Woman who was also on TV (at prime time). Long sold off most of my collection on both when my collecting focus' changed, though i am committed to rebuilding a small representation of both again.

One of the one's i held onto. This was always a favorite , the last appearance of the Captain and Family under Fawcett until DC revived them in the 70's. 

Marvel Family #89.jpg

I have always liked that cover. Ironically, that would turn out to be the last issue!