• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Mycomicshop send more pictures?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I've had my eye on a book at Mycomicshop for a while. I'd pull the trigger but I'd like to see some more detailed pictures. Specifically of the staples which they noted had 'minor staple rust.' I emailed them and asked if they could send more detailed pics, but have not heard back. Has anyone requested that before and will they do it?

I doubt it.  They're pretty busy and in fact you cant ask questions on ebay.  I tried to ask them about a book once (I had to message using a previous transaction) and just got a canned answer.

They do such a large volume its like 'here's the book.  If ya wanna buy it buy it.  If ya dont like it send it back.  NEXT'

Edited by kav

35 minutes ago, Phish&Comics said:

You're probably right. Which is too bad - for the price they ask for some books they should at least post higher resolution pictures :eyeroll:

just buy it, if it dont look good send it back on their dime.  This seems to be the business model they've chosen.

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, Phish&Comics said:

I've had my eye on a book at Mycomicshop for a while. I'd pull the trigger but I'd like to see some more detailed pictures. Specifically of the staples which they noted had 'minor staple rust.' I emailed them and asked if they could send more detailed pics, but have not heard back. Has anyone requested that before and will they do it?

better get it before someone else does , they tend to undergrade so you will likely be happy !

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

better get it before someone else does , they tend to undergrade so you will likely be happy !

THIS

3 hours ago, Phish&Comics said:

No...they will not provide additional scans or additional information. It's an issue of volume and man power. They say to look at the grade and their grading standards. 

I passed because there are some flaws in certain grades I'm okay with and others that I'm not. If you get a book and it's mis graded...I can see retuning it. If you just don't like the flaw...but the grade is accurate to those grading I think you pay a restocking fee.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

This is what I have found to be true. Probably keeps the returns down to do this.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

This is what I have found to be true. Probably keeps the returns down to do this.

Yep just buy the damned thing or you'll be sorry.  

15 hours ago, Phish&Comics said:

You're probably right. Which is too bad - for the price they ask for some books they should at least post higher resolution pictures :eyeroll:

Make sure you don't just click on the picture of the book, but on the "Zoom Front Cover" over it.  Then click it again.  Picture you see now should be clear and super-sized. :wishluck: