• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's be "Realistic" Avons Rock!
4 4

175 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, Hudson said:

@Morganmi very cool indeed.  

I see a few that I would like to own!

The great part is he kept them all in a yellow envelope which seems to have been ideal because for the most part they stayed very bright and white in the colors.

Been trying to find coverless and very low grade copys to match and marry with a little success. Posted those in one of the married book threads here also. 

I have seen a couple coverless Reform School Girls over the years. The cover is by far the best part. Just hang on to them and keep looking. You might find coverless and you most likely won’t. They are cool all on their own.

Over the years I have found a couple nice stashes of covers. One big lot of girly pulp covers. I actually hope I don’t find coverless because I mostly just want the covers and these take up a lot less space.

I also got a large group of high grade Jumbo and Jungle complete covers. The guy carefully just removed the staples. I have actually found quite a few coverless to match up. Again, beautiful covers in their own right. 

On 9/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, Robot Man said:

I have seen a couple coverless Reform School Girls over the years. The cover is by far the best part. Just hang on to them and keep looking. You might find coverless and you most likely won’t. They are cool all on their own.

Over the years I have found a couple nice stashes of covers. One big lot of girly pulp covers. I actually hope I don’t find coverless because I mostly just want the covers and these take up a lot less space.

I also got a large group of high grade Jumbo and Jungle complete covers. The guy carefully just removed the staples. I have actually found quite a few coverless to match up. Again, beautiful covers in their own right. 

Yea for sure it will take some serious luck to find even coverless copys of some of them like Reform School girl, Clue, and  Adventure 37 and even still cost a small fortune. I'm having fun with the cheaper ones like these right now though.

20230505_121049.jpg

20230430_162800.jpg

CaptainSteveSavages2009(1955-05.Avon)coverKinstler.thumb.jpg.1c8a3574b000914db4704ac1f50a038c.jpg

A cheap GA refugee that attached itself to a not so cheap buy this week, was happy to see the Kinstler cover, and I like the purple tint and caligraphy on the side of the plane.

I'm not really a fan of aviation comics but there is a nice long interlude involving Chinese pirates and Junk warfare that gives the issue an adventure feel.  All Ravielli art.