• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Grade

24 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, sledgehammer said:

What I'm saying is they know the color touch is there, and without the color touch the grade would be 4.5.

This is what I was saying. The grade is a restored 6.0, meaning that the restoration has brought the grade up to what would be a Universal 6.0, but they are flagging it as restored. Without the restoration, the book would be a lower universale grade. If I have any of that incorrect please let me know. 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Then I must have gotten screwed on my restored books because they were not graded on how they looked.  Here's an example of a book I still have. Can you honestly say it looks like a 5.5 ?  If they graded it on how it 'looks' this would have been a 9.4. It doesn't work that way. 

The regular grading rules still apply. That book might be a 5.5 even if they couldn't tell it had restoration. It could have hitler mustaches drawn on everyone on the side pages that dropped it down 4 points. Do you have the grader notes?

After much time and tears I have finally noticed the word "Apparent" above the number, meaning that this comic NOW (after restoration) appears to be a 6.0 book.  Thank you all for helping me to reach Grief Stage 5: very reluctant acceptance.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190215104603934.jpg.d99eb4c53636a1703ba83a0f66720221.jpg

Edited by Saint_Doyle