• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago comic shop to be given away

184 posts in this topic

To all of you haters who thought this was a scam......the joke is on you.

My essay was picked as one of the 50 finalists! 

Just paid my $249 finalist fee and get to move onto the next phase......a spelling contest! 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I also had those thoughts...

but it doesn't matter anyway. There is no way I would move to Chicago. :sick:

Solid thinking there.  I keep hoping they'll separate Chicago from the rest of Illinois and form it into the 51st state.  Heck, based on where I live now, I'd cede everything within the area bounded by 294 (including the stretch up to the Wisconsin border after it merges with 94) and Lake Michigan to the newly created state of Chicagois.  I haven't really focused grouped that name yet.

50 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

To all of you haters who thought this was a scam......the joke is on you.

My essay was picked as one of the 50 finalists! 

Just paid my $249 finalist fee and get to move onto the next phase......a spelling contest! 

Shoot. You don't stand a chance!

:D

The thing that had me scratching my head was the quick turnaround. 

He wants to be out by the end of March. 

That's not a lot of time to hash out the lease (God knows how much that would be), find a place to live, set up a Diamond Account, etc. 

I just smelled fish the whole way through. 

I stopped watching the video when he said he recommends starting capital of $1000 for the first month.  So, rent, utilities, and your first comic order are going to be $1000?  That means his new comic sales amount to a spin rack at a magazine stand... or less.  Good luck with that!

16 hours ago, Leo-man said:

After the recent -30 degree days ... I question why I'm still in Chicago!

Yes, but the University of Chicago is the best!

16 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

My first word was "Pettifogger".

I'm out. :frown:

4 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I stopped watching the video when he said he recommends a starting capital of $1000 for the first month.  So, rent, utilities, and your first comic order are going to be $1000?  That means his new comic sales amount to a spin rack at a magazine stand... or less.  Good luck with that!

Could it be that may be referring to “up front protection costs” if you know what I mean?

51 minutes ago, Jaylam said:
5 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I stopped watching the video when he said he recommends a starting capital of $1000 for the first month.  So, rent, utilities, and your first comic order are going to be $1000?  That means his new comic sales amount to a spin rack at a magazine stand... or less.  Good luck with that!

Could it be that may be referring to “up front protection costs” if you know what I mean?

I assumed it meant that the shop is losing $1000 a month and that's what you'll need to make up the difference.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, Leo-man said:

Here's a link to the recent livestream where he answers questions pertaining to the raffle for those interested in hearing directly from the current owner.

Must be hurting for money.  Can't even afford a new light bulb. 

6 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I stopped watching the video when he said he recommends starting capital of $1000 for the first month.  So, rent, utilities, and your first comic order are going to be $1000?  That means his new comic sales amount to a spin rack at a magazine stand... or less.  Good luck with that!

Yes you should easily be able to pay rent utilites and salary of employee(s) as well as stock up with $1,000-sounds legit.  Since first month always the most expensive I guess he needs a mere overhead of $500 or so each month to keep his nut going.  

On 2/14/2019 at 5:08 PM, Domo Arigato said:

9 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

My first word was "Pettifogger".

I'm out. :frown:

I throw in a "somewhat" hidden Easter egg and nobody catches it. meh

I hate you all.

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I throw in a "somewhat" hidden Easter egg and nobody catches it. meh

I hate you all.

Ham and egger.