• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me decide on a collection.
1 1

25 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, shadroch said:

That is part of it, but I have a strange feeling on this one. It sounds weird but I have an emotional connection to it.  I think this woman needs money and her son is trying to sell his comics to help her. If they don't sell, I just might end up overpaying for them. It's not about the money. 

Do they have any attachment to the books, or is it just taking up space?  Charity for charity's sake is its own reward, and the fact that you get some books back might just make it worth it.  I just don't get the impression anyone's going to be happy... at $1 a book, you're going to be underwater unless you put a ton of work into it.  They're only going to get $300, which won't last if they're already in money troubles, and probably have the lingering feeling that they should've gotten more if he's out of touch with the market.

13 hours ago, shadroch said:

That is part of it, but I have a strange feeling on this one. It sounds weird but I have an emotional connection to it.  I think this woman needs money and her son is trying to sell his comics to help her. If they don't sell, I just might end up overpaying for them. It's not about the money. 

It sounds like you have made your decision already. Just pull the trigger

I’d pass just because she already passed in a decent offer and it’s doubtful she will come down enough to get the deal done. DCs so ok on the boards but they sit and sit on e-bay.

Charity is one thing but feeding someone who thinks their books are a gold mine when theyre not isn't the answer.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, shadroch said:

Easy choice then. Not gonna kill you. I've done it a few times. Buy it.