• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 361

19 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
16 hours ago, Mystafo said:

$600?  There have been quite a few selling on the 'bay for between $300 and $400 (shrug)

Mystafo

Amazing spiderman 361 9.8 cgc selling on ebay from between 300 400

= 0 copies

When is the last time you were on ebay. If you see a 9.8 on ebay for that price give me the link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-361-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-1st-full-Carnage/183668529361

$399.99 "Buy-It-Now" - why even hint that someone should pay $600?

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Mystafo

Amazing spiderman 361 9.8 cgc selling on ebay from between 300 400

= 0 copies

When is the last time you were on ebay. If you see a 9.8 on ebay for that price give me the link

Actually I assume your talking is. I'm talking canadian dollars and I'm talking first print,you cant get one under 500 usd

It is not CGC graded, it is only a VF/NM 9.0 by my grading standards but I only payed $1.25 for it in 1992...  :kidaround:

Sorry, had to, just reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from American Graffiti.   :idea:    :jokealert:   :hi:

Toad - "I got a problem. See, I lost my I. D. In a flood", "and I was wondering, since you're going in there anyway,"could you pick me some Old Harper? Hard stuff?".

Wino - "Why, certainly.", "I lost my wife, too.", "Her name wasn't Idy, though, and it wasn't in a flood."    :roflmao:  lol  

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

How much do you think the value would increase?

I would say there have been multiple comic movies in the last 10-15 years, that have featured heroes/villains of all levels of popularity.  Their associated comic 1st appearances should create enough data points for you to make a reasonable extrapolation for Carnage of ASM 361, in the event that Venom 2 is made AND Carnage will be featured in the movie (for which both seem plausible currently).

You can use GPA analysis (a pay service which tracks CGC Sales) to look up the past sales price data, and look up the dates of teasers, trailers, and release dates with previous movies and 1st app comics, and use that data to estimate how much the price may or may not rise (and when).

I know that this sounds like a lot of work, which is why people who might have done the analysis and have informed, experienced opinions might be less than will to share the info with internet strangers who might also reasonably be expected to be competitors FOR FREE.  Which might also be a reason for an internet stranger to give you less than trustworthy info as well, they may have their own motives.  It can have financial value.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Lol!

I'm from Canada and import and shipping charges are factored in as well. I researched it for 3 weeks and the best I found not auctioned was 575 canadian. Kinda nervous about buying from the states just yet

Well it really depends on your reason for buying.  If you want it in your collection, its one thing.  But if you're buying hoping to speculate for the future based on a movie appearance, the math is entirely different.  Or if its a bit of both, still different.  And of course, you need to factor in your 'international' status as well.  Being based in Canada, if you're not a pro seller/dealer (or at least semi-pro), it's probably not a great buy for future flipping anymore.  Your margins (especially if you end up buying from the US and selling to the US) will be eaten up by shipping/customs, as well as the exchange rate and sellers fees.  There's really no reason to tie up $400 for 18 months to profit like $50-100 after taxes.  And that's assuming the deal goes smoothly when you buy AND when you sell.

I bought the comic a month ago from a guy in British Columbia for 575 canadian. I'm doing okay though with investing, I scored an x force 11 9.8 at auction for 80 canadian. Just wondering if the investment is profitable  because I do notice amazing 300 has decreased in value and do has new mutants 98.

Edited by Hollywood1892
Typos and add ons

If you aren't looking to quick flip it, it will probably turn out ok for you.   Villains are tough though as they tend to spike on movie news and then fall a little further than a hero would.  

ASM300 is a bit of an exception. Has lots of stuff going for it besides just Venom (anniversary issue, red suit returns, double issue, McSpidey art, classic cover, etc..).  

361 is a nice book, but Carnage is just a Venom rip-off more or less, Bagley art, etc.. 

15 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I bought the comic a month ago from a guy in British Columbia for 575 canadian. I'm doing okay though with investing, I scored an x force 11 9.8 at auction for 80 canadian. Just wondering if the investment is profitable  because I do notice amazing 300 has decreased in value and do has new mutants 98.

If you are looking to flip for profit sometime in the future this is not the book I would be looking at major characters or villains that have not made it to the TV or big screen and then be ready to sell the minute that an announcement is made regarding a screen appearance is made. Sometimes there is a very finite amount of people that chase those books. For example Iron Man #219, the first appearance of the Ghost was a $80 CGC 9.8 book (if that), but once it was announced Ghost was to appear in Ant Man it shot up to over $400 for a little bit but the crazies who bought it at that price will never get that money back in my estimation and the book hasn't sold to my knowledge for those prices since September. So strike while the Iron is hot so to speak. I personally just buy for my collection.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, WoWitHurts said:

If you are looking to flip for profit sometime in the future this is not the book I would be looking at major characters or villains that have not made it to the TV or big screen and then be ready to sell the minute that an announcement is made regarding a screen appearance is made. Sometimes there is a very finite amount of people that chase those books. For example Iron Man #219, the first appearance of the Ghost was a $80 CGC 9.8 book (if that), but once it was announced Ghost was to appear in Ant Man it shot up to over $400 for a little bit but the crazies who bought it at that price will never get that money back in my estimation and the book hasn't sold to my knowledge for those prices since September. So strike while the Iron is hot so to speak. I personally just buy for my collection.

Thanks, when I first bought it,it was for my collection. I actually initially went with a 9.4 from a dealer in nova Scotia but now I realise there is no reason to buy anything modern that isn't at least 9.8.

New mutants had the same problem, now its dropping all the time.

I noticed a Thanos 13 9.8 for 450, I'm thinking of offering the guy 400, but after sunday,comic show. Also a mass produced spawn 1cfor 200 9.8.

Maybe I can get some raw copies.