• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orland Park (Chicago suburb) Comic Con - 4/26 - 4/28
2 2

17 posts in this topic

https://orlandparkcomiccon.com/

I know some board members created -- and are also setting up at -- this show.

Where: 11351 W 159th St, Orland Park, IL 60467  (Orland Park Sportsplex)

When: April 26th 2019 6pm - 9pm

April 27th 2019 11am - 7pm

April 28th 2019 10am - 5pm

Edited by manetteska

18 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I'm confused by the pricing. Is Friday Night admission only with a VIP ticket for 35.00 ? 

I think that $35 is for all three days (and an hour earlier on Saturday and Sunday). I don't know if you can pay $20 at the door to get in on Friday night. 

It looks like you can load in on Saturday morning, too, though. So there could be some dealers who aren't even there on Friday night.

Obviously, it's to get those people in early, getting first crack at the good stuff. 

6 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I think that $35 is for all three days (and an hour earlier on Saturday and Sunday). I don't know if you can pay $20 at the door to get in on Friday night. 

It looks like you can load in on Saturday morning, too, though. So there could be some dealers who aren't even there on Friday night.

Obviously, it's to get those people in early, getting first crack at the good stuff. 

Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct, that the 35.00 is for 3 days which includes Friday. However, can you just show up on Friday and pay 20.00 for the one night is the question. It's disappointing that the website is this ambiguous.  I know the show is still a couple months away so maybe they are still in a planning stage. I hope they come on the Boards and advertise a little.   

The fatninja will be set up at this show, and I give nice discounts to boardies. If I have anything you want i'll try to make up some the admission fee. While my stock is not the norm by any means i'll have quite a bit of new stuff with me that I've not dragged to a show before or listed online. My stuff is easy to locate, my short boxes are black and there's a big ugly bald guy standing behind. Don't hesitate to ask for a better price on anything

This is what you get with VIP admission :

-Premium Admission on Friday from 6pm-9pm!

-Early Admission Saturday and Sunday one hour before general admission!

-Bloodshot: Rising Spirit 6 Layton/Mounts variant cover!

- Exclusive VIP print by Deviant Apple!

-First Impression Pressing Certificate for Free pressing!

-SharpComics Certificate for a Free CGC authorized witnessing at OPCC!

All of this in our OPCC VIP Swag Bag

57216675_434774763923879_266353161365618688_n.jpg

I went today and it was a well put together show at a nice venue. There were a lot of quality books in the room which is not typical for a local non national type show around here.

We had a really nice time and I hope they put on another show next year. Hopefully the weather cooperates next time as today it was really terrible, maybe the worst I can remember this late in April.