• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Some NICE GA books, but with odd condition issues . . . a pot for every lid! More books added
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Usual Rules - no bad people, HOS or probationers.

First :takeit:in thread wins, trumps all DM negotiations.

PayPal preferred, checks and money orders accepted but have to clear bank before shipment

Shipping is $4 for any amount of comics within continental US, outside of that we talk, you pay.

I will leave this up for at least until Saturday night (maybe). Please don't be insulted if I don't answer or respond right away, weekends are time mostly away from the computer 

These are nice books but have weird condition issues - I will be detailed in each listing so that if you want to buy the book you will know what you are getting. No crazy diseases or alien microbes are in these books!

I am always open to discussing prices and offers are always welcome!

Thanks!!!

Edited by Qua-Brot
Closing time

I'll start BIG!

Suspense Comics 9 - classic series with a classic LB Cole cover. Book is brittle. Cover split completely, front cover detached, back cover is holding on by the top staple, barely. This comes from a group of books I bought in auction. They looked great but when I got them they were brittle and this book was especially worse for wear (they didn't exactly ship it well). Regardless, it is still a complete Suspense Comics 9, the cover is there and looks great, just be very careful with it! (shine in picture is from the bag, I didn't want to take it out to photograph it. If you want more pics let me know and I will carefully do so)

A CGC 4.0 sold last year for $600 and a deslabbed XXXX 4.5 is for sale on eBay for $800. I'm going to ask $250 for the iconic cover.

20190213_180954.jpg

Second biggest book is Prize Comics 11 - looked like a really nice 4.5, until I opened it up and found out that either the staples rusted away or were removed (probably the later). This book is complete, sits tight (as tight as can be without staples!!!) and has supple cream/off white pages with great color. 

No GPA data, one recently sold on eBay for $306, but it was a beater (but it had those $&#^%*$ staples!!!). I'm going to have to ask about what I paid for it - $350

20190213_180818.jpg

20190213_180832.jpg

20190213_180912.jpg

1 minute ago, Qua-Brot said:

Second biggest book is Prize Comics 11 - looked like a really nice 4.5, until I opened it up and found out that either the staples rusted away or were removed (probably the later). This book is complete, sits tight (as tight as can be without staples!!!) and has supple cream/off white pages with great color. 

No GPA data, one recently sold on eBay for $306, but it was a beater (but it had those $&#^%*$ staples!!!). I'm going to have to ask about what I paid for it - $350

20190213_180818.jpg

20190213_180832.jpg

20190213_180912.jpg

take

Smash Comics 60 - looks incredible, possibly a 7.0 or better BUT it also comes from the Brittle collection . . . ugh. Oh well. This one has nice gloss, sharp all around, has small chip on upper right cover and first wrap. Sad for this book, but they can't all survive perfectly. 

Asking $75 for this one too.

20190213_181044.jpg

20190213_181101.jpg

Final book here is Charlie Chan 6, nice 6.0/6.5 or so (would be better but for some tanning/staining on inside of covers). This is a sharp copy with smooth glossy cover except has some sort of crinkle in the very middle of the cover (under the "A" to just above the middle motor cyclists right shoulder). Simon and Kirby cover, first Charlton Issue, still sneaks in as a Golden Age book. 

GPA has a 5.5 went for $90, eBay had one for $49 (seller claimed high grade, closer look showed chipped/spine split, rough condition, dust shadow across top of book, maybe a 4.0). I'm going to ask $100

20190213_181401.jpg

20190213_181412.jpg

A set of books, for those who have been trying to nail down the run  . .

The United States Marines 2, 3 and 4. 2 and 3 are classic anti-Japanese (and racist, to boot) covers, 4 also has a barefoot Japanese soldier being shot by an American Marine (I surmise due to the title).

Condition: 
2 missing back cover, front cover taped (a long time ago) to interior. Corner where the 2 is detached but present. Otherwise a solid book . . . 
3 amateur repair in that seems the cover has been glued back on (feeling of glue around staples). Seems the cover became detached and was glued back on. Cover itself is bright and presents very well.
4 from the Brittle collection so it presents well and you can look through it, but page quality is brittle.

I'm going to ask $175 for the group. Cheap for these classic covers, and they'll present very nicely on a wall, but they are what they are.

comic649.jpg

comic650.jpg

comic647.jpg

comic648.jpg

Comic785.jpg

Comic786.jpg

Terry-Toons Comics 1. No back cover, front cover detached, center wrap detached at top staple. Otherwise a beautiful example of the first issue of this run!!!

According to GPA a 1.5 sold for $124 back in aught 2 (that's 2002), so inflation, Golden Age books going up, and this not being anything close to a 1.5, I'm going to ask $100.

Comic703.jpg

Comic704.jpg

22 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

A set of books, for those who have been trying to nail down the run  . .

The United States Marines 2, 3 and 4. 2 and 3 are classic anti-Japanese (and racist, to boot) covers, 4 also has a barefoot Japanese soldier being shot by an American Marine (I surmise due to the title).

Condition: 
2 missing back cover, front cover taped (a long time ago) to interior. Corner where the 2 is detached but present. Otherwise a solid book . . . 
3 amateur repair in that seems the cover has been glued back on (feeling of glue around staples). Seems the cover became detached and was glued back on. Cover itself is bright and presents very well.
 4 from the Brittle collection so it presents well and you can look through it, but page quality is brittle.

I'm going to ask $175 for the group. Cheap for these classic covers, and they'll present very nicely on a wall, but they are what they are.

comic649.jpg

comic650.jpg

comic647.jpg

comic648.jpg

Comic785.jpg

Comic786.jpg

take it