• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 1

16 posts in this topic

First off, I am 99.9% sure this is trimmed, and 100% sure it has a couple spots of small color touch on the front cover.  So I know it will come back with a purple label of some sort.

That being said, I rarely get raw comics graded (I usually just buy already graded), so I'm not too good at grade guessing.  

This one looks pretty nice to me, but there is that small chunk out of the bottom of the spine, some pen writing on back cover, and a few small stains and whatnot.  

What kind of grade do you guys see this one getting?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

20190213_214306.jpg

20190213_221928.jpg

Is that really an original F.F. 1 and not a GRR?

Pic of the indicia?

Overall that is a "Really Nice Book"!!!

I know nothing about restoration but sitting the way it is and only due to the small tears at the bottom of the spine I also say...

FN+ 6.5.

clearly the cover is off center which makes it looked trimmed. i don't think that claim can be made without book in hand. heres a graded copy fom ebay.https://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-MARVEL-FANTASTIC-FOUR-1-1ST-APPEARANCE-amp-ORIGIN-FANTASTIC-4-CGC-4-5-CR-OW-/163444407623?hash=item260e0bbd47%3Ag%3A4h8AAOSwOrpbykDq&nma=true&si=fNnPk3FzRg%2FDzKGrVNfHff88yRg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

the area behind Mr Fantastics arm has almost the same amount of art as this copy. If i were to be worried about restoration then i would be concerned with the coloring of the cover which looks younger than the interior. 6? if its not restored in any way then ....wow.