• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on this Bob Kane drawing?

22 posts in this topic

Does anyone else remember this story? Heard it about 15 years ago. At some point Kane was tired of Batman and so to relax he painted clowns. One day Kane was complaining about how long his ghost was taking to draw something and a friend joked to him something along the lines of, "Maybe you'll have to draw Batman this time," and Kane said, "No, not my Batman ghost -- my clown ghost." 

BTW, Clown Ghost?  I'm trademarking that now. 

Edited by glendgold

On 2/14/2019 at 4:26 AM, AnkurJ said:

I bought this back in 2002. What do y’all think? With so many fakes I expect the worst lol 

Hope you don't mind me using your thread to post this, but what do those in the know make of the items on this UK site, which emailed me this morning:

https://worldofsuperheroes.com/collections/signed-by-bob-kane

mail.png.87c111f3c1644ba9496284b9f96fa912.png

mail.png.afa553281b507706a6c61defcefcd8b6.png

It's not my area of interest but I was intrigued nonetheless in a 'too good to be true?' kind of way.

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Hope you don't mind me using your thread to post this, but what do those in the know make of the items on this UK site, which emailed me this morning:

https://worldofsuperheroes.com/collections/signed-by-bob-kane

mail.png.87c111f3c1644ba9496284b9f96fa912.png

mail.png.afa553281b507706a6c61defcefcd8b6.png

It's not my area of interest but I was intrigued nonetheless in a 'too good to be true?' kind of way.

Bob Kane Batman drawings are so old school.  Where are the clowns?  Send in the clowns!

2 minutes ago, The Voord said:

Bob Kane Batman drawings are so old school.  Where are the clowns?  Send in the clowns!

Don't bother, you're here! :foryou:

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:
3 minutes ago, The Voord said:

Don't bother, you're here! :foryou:

That was a joke Voord :)

So, are these balderdash then or what?

Just now, The Voord said:

I know, I fed it to you!  :bigsmile:

Phew. You can't be too careful Voord - there's some touchy buggers around here :bigsmile: