• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raw vs CGC
1 1

55 posts in this topic

Like someone mention buying CGC its for sure grade and currently under grading by CGC. Buying raw you run into sellers over grading and I have learn that the hard way couple times. I can always resell faster slab.

only thing that worries me its CGC saying when you summit a book for reholder they will actually regrade book and will down graded if needed?. old labels are subject to be down graded.

1 hour ago, kat123 said:

Like someone mention buying CGC its for sure grade and currently under grading by CGC. Buying raw you run into sellers over grading and I have learn that the hard way couple times. I can always resell faster slab.

only thing that worries me its CGC saying when you summit a book for reholder they will actually regrade book and will down graded if needed?. old labels are subject to be down graded.

Thank you guys😊😎

I talked with one if the dealers I work with on ebay, he said both thanos and spawn are bad investments. I'm conflicted though, it's kind of like new mutants 98, its value drops all the time, but it's the first appearance of deadpool. And how come punisher cant gain no momentum? Except fa in amazing spiderman? Even xfactor 6 is dirt cheap and I thought apocalypse was a great movie. And why is NYX 3 so valuable, that Logan movie stunk!

The only way death of robin will increase is if joker killa him in the upcoming joker movie, and the only way for that to happen is if they introduce him in the next justice league. All these different factors come into play, its causing my brain to🤯

Will silver sable and black cat prices moonshot with the upcoming black and silver movie or will raiders fans get all confused?

What about eternals or shang chi, and why is marvel point zero the fa of sam nova, who is a man called nova than. And can gambit catch steam with fa in uncanny x men?

I spend money on comics for two reasons cause its nostalgic and I like too. I have three copies of xforce 11 because I like domino. 2 copies of AMS 361 cause I like too. I balance needs and wants effectively  besides I just had a triple double from tim Hortons I'm a little zuked

19 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
1 hour ago, kat123 said:

Thank you guys😊😎

I talked with one if the dealers I work with on ebay, he said both thanos and spawn are bad investments. I'm conflicted though, it's kind of like new mutants 98, its value drops all the time, but it's the first appearance of deadpool. And how come punisher cant gain no momentum? Except fa in amazing spiderman? Even xfactor 6 is dirt cheap and I thought apocalypse was a great movie. And why is NYX 3 so valuable, that Logan movie stunk!

The only way death of robin will increase is if joker killa him in the upcoming joker movie, and the only way for that to happen is if they introduce him in the next justice league. All these different factors come into play, its causing my brain to🤯

Will silver sable and black cat prices moonshot with the upcoming black and silver movie or will raiders fans get all confused?

What about eternals or shang chi, and why is marvel point zero the fa of sam nova, who is a man called nova than. And can gambit catch steam with fa in uncanny x men?

I spend money on comics for two reasons cause its nostalgic and I like too. I have three copies of xforce 11 because I like domino. 2 copies of AMS 361 cause I like too. I balance needs and wants effectively  besides I just had a triple double from tim Hortons I'm a little zuked

Because.

15 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Thank you guys😊😎

Regarding bolded statement, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and it’s just as valid as anyone’s...but I’ve honestly never seen anyone say that about either of those movies. Usually the sentiment is reversed...so that’s probably why values seem skewed to you.

Also, what’s “fa”?

8 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I have a chance at 2 comics I'm looking at,now these prices are canadian,take in mind 500 for thanks 13 and 200 for spawn 1 both cgc 9.8.

Any opinion before my girlfriend throttles me?

Buy what you love or what resonates with you or what's important to you.  Make sure you're buying at or below market - know what it's worth before stepping up- as it looks like there are Thanos 13 9.8 on ebay are selling for about $300.

I do want to point out that Spawn 1 is a very common book.  Print run was enormous and many went straight into a bag and board.  

13 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and it’s just as valid as anyone’s

Oh, you're not gonna like this...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean they're all just as valid.

There are people who are of the opinion that the earth was substantially smaller in the past, and that it has expanded to its current size, which contradicts current scientific understanding, No less than Neal Adams believes in this fairly well debunked theory.

http://nealadams.com/science-videos/

Is that opinion as valid, as, say, the opinion that CGC is the pre-eminent grading company in comics, or that strawberry ice cream is yummy on a hot summer day?

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Regarding bolded statement, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and it’s just as valid as anyone’s...but I’ve honestly never seen anyone say that about either of those movies. Usually the sentiment is reversed...so that’s probably why values seem skewed to you.

Also, what’s “fa”?

You enjoyed a movie that totally contradicted the x men storyline versus  a movie where x men battled their greatest nemesis, I'm sure you will enjoy the first venom versus the sequel because Riot was such a huge character in the comics. The only problem with apocalypse was dark Phoenix, we all know what happens to Jean grey. 

The Logan movie was not good. I don't need box office success to tell me if something is good or not.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I don't need box office success to tell me if something is good or not.

How about critical and audience response?

X-Men Apocalypse: Critics 48, Audience 66

Logan: Critics 93, Audience 90

1 hour ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

You're going to have a hard time finding people to agree that X-men Apocalypse is better than Logan. Logan was an amazing film.  Oscar Isaac miiight agree with you since he played Apocalypse, but I doubt it. He has at least a few brain cells. 

A geriatric professor x and a washed up wolverine who seemingly gets the better of his younger self, yeah totally awesome, oscar worthy! Or a film where it takes a group of mutants uniting itself to defeat one bent on world destruction, I must not have many brain cells to be trapped in an argument that has very little to do with what I was trying to say, what I was saying was the vast difference in value between xfactor 6 compared with NYX 3 both first appearance,both vastly different impacts on the marvel universe.

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean they're all just as valid.

There are people who are of the opinion that the earth was substantially smaller in the past, and that it has expanded to its current size, which contradicts current scientific understanding, No less than Neal Adams believes in this fairly well debunked theory.

Is that opinion as valid, as, say, the opinion that CGC is the pre-eminent grading company in comics, or that strawberry ice cream is yummy on a hot summer day?

Subjective opinions regarding like or dislike of a movie, yes...all opinions are equally valid...even if I strongly disagree with some. I’m not close-minded enough to think my opinion is fact in that context.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

A geriatric professor x and a washed up wolverine who seemingly gets the better of his younger self, yeah totally awesome, oscar worthy! Or a film where it takes a group of mutants uniting itself to defeat one bent on world destruction, I must not have many brain cells to be trapped in an argument that has very little to do with what I was trying to say, what I was saying was the vast difference in value between xfactor 6 compared with NYX 3 both first appearance,both vastly different impacts on the marvel universe.

You weren’t trapped, you started it...

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Poor NA.   Run off the boards because of his wacky theory.