• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

right to be upset?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I just received a package from heritage and it's raining hard in my area and fedex decided to wrap my package in a bag with a hole in it. I'm glad nothing happened to my book that I notice yet but should I be upset about this or am I just over reacting? (sorry about my foot in the picture)20190214_165310.thumb.jpg.a51fe4dd191a09ca77c7610a25aa3fdb.jpg

4 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

US Postal Service from overseas.  Contents fell out, but vendor replaced items right away.

Bad things happen all the time.  Remain calm and carry on.

542A4C5F-DF43-48FD-A045-AA5E738A76CB.jpeg

dang....now I feel lucky....holy cow!

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

With what they charge for postage, I would think it would be bulletproof...

At least everything came out OK.

heritage did a good job but fedex messed up here I believe. but like you said least everything was okay!:smile:

I've never had Fed-E or any other delivery make the effort to protect a package due to the elements.  Wrapping in a bag even with a hole would be a win for me.  I have an entry path up to my front door but sometimes I have found packages laying on my front yard and not even making it to the front door.  Those have been UPS deliveries which I hate and I would take Fed-Ex firfst and then USPS and try my best to avoid to UPS.  UPS also tends to deliver late - I have had packages delivered past 9:00 pm with no knock and have always learned to check outside just in case.  But being able to get text and email alerts of deliveries has helped me monitor. 

And like others have said, it was undamaged so it worked out.  

15 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

US Postal Service from overseas.  Contents fell out, but vendor replaced items right away.

Bad things happen all the time.  Remain calm and carry on.

542A4C5F-DF43-48FD-A045-AA5E738A76CB.jpeg

In the end you got some nice priority tape Ray lol

19 hours ago, SushiX said:

I just received a package from heritage and it's raining hard in my area and fedex decided to wrap my package in a bag with a hole in it. I'm glad nothing happened to my book that I notice yet but should I be upset about this or am I just over reacting? (sorry about my foot in the picture)20190214_165310.thumb.jpg.a51fe4dd191a09ca77c7610a25aa3fdb.jpg

I think that's their mailer for single raw books.  Don't they usually have the book inside a plastic bag as well as inside a comic bag? Not waterproof but probably provides some protection from incidental water contact. 

Edited by Sqeggs

23 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think that's their mailer for single raw books.  Don't they usually have the book inside a plastic bag as well as inside a comic bag? Not waterproof but probably provides some protection from incidental water contact. 

yes,it was fedex that put it in a plastic bag with a hole in it while it was pouring rain...

On 2/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, SushiX said:

yes,it was fedex that put it in a plastic bag with a hole in it while it was pouring rain...

I have solved this problem (and prevented theft) by always having books and packages delivered to my work address. Expensive books are often shipped with a signature required requirement. Our secretary just signs for me and I pick it up before I leave at the end of the day.

No damage, no theft - problem solved! Now, if you run your own business or work out of your home, this is probably not an option.

Joe Ankenbauer

6 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I have solved this problem (and prevented theft) by always having books and packages delivered to my work address. Expensive books are often shipped with a signature required requirement. Our secretary just signs for me and I pick it up before I leave at the end of the day.

No damage, no theft - problem solved! Now, if you run your own business or work out of your home, this is probably not an option.

Joe Ankenbauer

I wish I had a secretary to sign for things:nyah: I'm surprised that heritage didnt have fedex need a sig for the package.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:43 PM, Sqeggs said:

To be honest, I think the deciding factor for HA about how to ship a raw book is how much green you spent on said book.