• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing spiderman 122

8 posts in this topic

Hey man! Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm starting to have some VF(+) ASM comics, this being the lowest grade. But again, I'm relatively new in collecting. So to answer your question, I'm a new collector!

Of course that 8.0 goes right out the window if your talking mega keys like #14, #50 or #129 just to name a few. Then it would come down to whatever I could afford. But everyone has their own collecting standards so no right or wrong. Just enjoy and collect.  :)

21 hours ago, KJJ10 said:

Hey man! Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm starting to have some VF(+) ASM comics, this being the lowest grade. But again, I'm relatively new in collecting. So to answer your question, I'm a new collector!

Welcome To Hobby Of Comic Book Collecting!!!:golfclap: :applause:

Obviously you are never planning on reading any of these books again if you are asking about CGC grading.

There are many opinions on the subject and it all depends on your preferences/plans for your collection.

I do not have my books graded, I collect for the pure enjoyment of collecting and completing my runs.

IMO the advantages to having a book graded would be...

1)You know exactly what you have

2)It's value will almost certainly be higher than a raw book, how much, depends on the book and grade.

3)Human hands/pets/insects/water(??) will never touch this book again so "theoretically" it will stay in the shape it is in forever as long as proper storage methods such as keeping away from ALL light and kept in a temperature controlled environment.

Having said all of that, from what I have read Slabbing a book does not offer any more protection from light, aging and normal paper deterioration than the proper Mylite and Board, again being stored in the same proper conditions that I listed above.

Also I have read that slabbed books have been damaged during the shipping process, even after being slabbed.

(See Shaken Comic Syndrome)

I do not ever plan on selling any of my books, all of my books are in Mylites with Acid Free Boards, some have been in the same Mylites for 30 years and some of these books I had owned long before Mylites were ever heard of.

I do however own two slabbed books "only" because I got them at a good price and they completed my runs. (Transformers #80 1984 VF/NM 9.0 and Tales To Astonish 1 1959 GD- 1.8)

Again...Listen to all the advice/opinions you receive and make an educated decision on what is best for you, regardless of what you choose Please remember the main thing...

ENJOY Collecting!!!   (thumbsu