• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing and regrading?

2 posts in this topic

So I’m new to this I sent in some books to get grade for my personal collection nothing worth wild just something I always enjoyed. I always loved the Batman beyond animated series . So decided to send in my Batman beyond 1 comic and it’s being shipped back to me , maybe I made a mistake I thought the book in my opinion was in per lifecycle condition but came back a 9.0 . I got the book for free so don’t think i lost any money . Was wondering if sending the book back in to get pressed due to the graders note, would doing this increase the book much more if so how better of a grade can I get. The graders notes states “Crease left top of back cover through book, spine stress lines.

Only you can decide how much money you want to dump into your own personal book.  You will get more responses here if you post pictures of the book in the "hey buddy can you spare a grade" forum.  If you really want a high graded copy you might be better off buying one already slabbed, especially if it is a cheap book.  Pressing won't remove the spine ticks but it could help the fold.  A 9.0 is still a pretty good grade but with minor spine ticks it probably won't get past a 9.2.  Good luck!