• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman #228 cover

7 posts in this topic

HI, all;

I've consigned the ASM 228 cover to Heritage Auctions.  The auction ends Friday, Feb 22 for this lot.

I am the original owner and have owned this cover for 15 years, but now its time for someone else to enjoy it.  ASM covers from this era do not turn up frequently as they are highly coveted and remain locked in permanent collections for many years so here's a great opportunity to own a 37 year old ASM cover from a smoke free home, that hasn't seen the light of day for a long, long time.

Here's a link to the cover at auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-nasser-and-joe-rubinstein-amazing-spider-man-228-cover-original-art-marvel-1982-/a/7204-93119.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:21 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, all;

I've consigned the ASM 228 cover to Heritage Auctions.  The auction ends Friday, Feb 22 for this lot.

I am the original owner and have owned this cover for 15 years, but now its time for someone else to enjoy it.  ASM covers from this era do not turn up frequently as they are highly coveted and remain locked in permanent collections for many years so here's a great opportunity to own a 37 year old ASM cover from a smoke free home, that hasn't seen the light of day for a long, long time.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-nasser-and-joe-rubinstein-amazing-spider-man-228-cover-original-art-marvel-1982-/a/7204-93119.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Added image:

ASM 228 cvr.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:21 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, all;

Ending Friday.  Current high bid is a very, very affordable $4K. 

8 minutes ago, Supernerd said:

Very cool piece!  I kept an eye on it, but my final bid wasn't close.  @jjonahjameson11 were you pleased with the hammer price?

I was offered $20K for it privately 5 or 6 years ago so based on those expectations, l am disappointed with the result.  I took a risk, rolled the dice, and lost.  Oh well, lesson learned.