• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Cents Please! Post your Peanuts!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

from the daily strip i loved the "Joe Shlabotnik"  strips,... Charlie went to the store all the time and bought baseball card packs and the one guy he wanted the most he could never get..

and then Lucy went and bought one card and guess who she got lol 

Image result for peanuts joe shlabotnikImage result for peanuts joe shlabotnikImage result for peanuts joe shlabotnik

Edited by 1950's war comics

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

years later some people even made funny cards about Joe Shlabotnik (where did Schultz get that name from lol )

Image result for peanuts joe shlabotnik Related image

Say what you want about Joe Shlabotnik BUT AT LEAST HE MADE IT TO THE SHOW!!!!!!!!   

To paraphrase Lucy - he must be great - he has his picture on a bubble gum card lol

Edited by pemart1966

Bought it raw from Gene Carpenter, who once had a big assortment of high grade Dells in his inventory.  I couldn't resist the charm of the cover.  Slabbed as one of two copies of issue #7 at the top of the census, and sold years later on the Bay.  The Dell issues pre-date the Gold Keys, but the features in Tip Top Comics were even earlier.

Peanuts7.JPG.b5dc701ef9e017663550de6359c40c20.JPG

Edited by namisgr

Found it!  I just needed to Google it.  By the way Schulz owned an ice skating rink in Santa Rosa and my step brother married a girl who worked/skated there (later for Disney on Ice) and she verified he indeed own this car.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_88f.jpg.68deb0f73c6717f65d0c83bfcd320c43.jpg

By the way I owned two of these and they are EXTREMELY maintenance heavy and I do not recommend them for purchase unless you like punishment.  Stick with the 911, the maintenance is about 1/10 that of these.  It was still a blast to drive but 316 hp aint what it used to be...

Peanuts7.JPG

Edited by Karl Liebl